Something May Be Cramping My Style - Page 2

Something May Be Cramping My Style

This is a discussion on Something May Be Cramping My Style within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Great new Archer and congrats. Starting over is tuff but it'll be worth it. Who did you move to?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Something May Be Cramping My Style

Member #
    Liked
    886 times
    Great new Archer and congrats. Starting over is tuff but it'll be worth it. Who did you move to?
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    572 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird (this time) View Post
    Great new Archer and congrats. Starting over is tuff but it'll be worth it. Who did you move to?
    Well I'm leaving government work altogether and going back into the private sector. I'll be working for a new paper-goods manufacturer in west OKC. It's roughly a 30,000 sq ft warehouse that converts a raw paper product into paper towels, tissues, etc. It's a completely new industry for me, but since I'm the safety guy, it's not a terribly drastic change from what I've already been doing. It was time for a change, things were getting a bit stale and I feel ready to take the next step in my career.

Member #
    Liked
    1799 times
    So how to avoid paper cuts, raw tissue nose and probably The correct way to hang the TP roll (hanging to the front). Sounds like a full time duty lol. What would I know I'm a professional adult babysitter.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    572 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    So how to avoid paper cuts, raw tissue nose and probably The correct way to hang the TP roll (hanging to the front). Sounds like a full time duty lol. What would I know I'm a professional adult babysitter.
    Haha. Now that I finished my first week, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm up against. It's roughly 8 acres of warehouse which contain assembly lines converting raw paper products into the final, packaged, products we buy in the store; tp, paper towels, etc. The machines are fairly elaborate and take a lot of attention to keep them clean and adjusted. There's a fair amount of manual labor involved and forklifts whirling around constantly to keep the raw goods coming to the line and finished products either to the warehouse or loading on trucks to their final destinations. Also there's a fair amount of waste handling, like trimmed ends, etc that are baled and sent to recyclers. For the most part my concern is working around the machines: pinch points, nip points, crushing injury potential; but also making sure the forklift operators are handling things safely and not running over pedestrian workers. So far it's been a bit of fun as I'm learning my role and learning exactly how the products are made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12