The dreaded “Do you have any firearms in the vehicle” question

This is a discussion on The dreaded “Do you have any firearms in the vehicle” question within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; The next time you are pulled over and are armed just be honest about what you have and polite when asked where it’s at. https://youtu.be/aMbJr4RSSAY...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bird (this time)

Thread: The dreaded “Do you have any firearms in the vehicle” question

Member #
    Liked
    1718 times

The next time you are pulled over and are armed just be honest about what you have and polite when asked where it’s at.

https://youtu.be/aMbJr4RSSAY
    Last edited by Bullbuster; 05-13-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2059 times
    I'm upfront when I get stopped. Its required by law. By the time the officer steps to the window, I've got my CC card and DL out in my hand with both hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel and the window down, engine off.
    Only happened three times in the last 10 years or so. I've got a lead foot and deserved all the tickets, so can't be mad at getting one.
    The OHP in all cases ask where the weapons are located and I tell them. The first stop back in Tx county in the panhandle, the trooper asked me to remove my pistol before going back to his vehicle. I politely refused because a dash cam could show me reaching for a weapon. No issue, sat in the vehicle and we talked. He saw my competition USPSA membership card when I had my wallet out and said he was a member as well. AWESOME!! I might get out of this one. Nope. LOL.
    The other two speeding stops were non-events. One with an AR in the back seat openly displayed. Nothing was said about it.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    700 times
    I had a buddy send that to me yesterday pretty funny

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    822 times
    That's classic! Dennis, I used to think of speeding tickets as a speed tax.
    dennishoddy and kwaynem like this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack