How's About 1.4 Million Acres of Hunting & Fishing?

This is a discussion on How's About 1.4 Million Acres of Hunting & Fishing? within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Trump administration announces plan for expanded hunting, fishing access across 1.4 million protected acres https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...rotected-acres...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How's About 1.4 Million Acres of Hunting & Fishing?

Member #
    Liked
    941 times

Trump administration announces plan for expanded hunting, fishing access across 1.4 million protected acres

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...rotected-acres
    kwaynem likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Great news there

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    225 times
    There is value in holding some lands separate from human use but as our society rapidly moves away from hunting and other outdoor activities anything the government can do to encourage young people to continue to participate in those activities is extremely beneficial. I can say from personal experience that the number of young people I see in the criminal justice system would be lower if more of our youth went hunting, or fishing, with a mentor on a regular basis.

We need more of this type of thinking from Washington.
    And why, today, remember misses?

--Ernest Hemingway--

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2254 times
    I see the ODW is soliciting comments about opening hunting and fishing on the Wichita Mountain National Refuge that would allow more people to enjoy that part of Oklahoma.
    I suspect this request was started by the link provided in the OP.
    C_Hallbert and kwaynem like this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1824 times
    With the expansion of hunting will also be the outcry of the anti’s.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    With the expansion of hunting will also be the outcry of the anti’s.
    You can bet on that. I remember back in the 90's when the anti's were harassing hunters at the controlled hunts. I drew Salt Plains that year and there were protestors but they couldn't follow us into the field like some did on public WMA's.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Member #
    Liked
    941 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    You can bet on that. I remember back in the 90's when the anti's were harassing hunters at the controlled hunts. I drew Salt Plains that year and there were protestors but they couldn't follow us into the field like some did on public WMA's.
    I remember that as well. Those actions led the state to enact hunter anti-harassment laws so they couldn't follow hunters on public lands.
    dennishoddy likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    2254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird (this time) View Post
    I remember that as well. Those actions led the state to enact hunter anti-harassment laws so they couldn't follow hunters on public lands.
    Exactly. I even used that law once. There is an old dairy that is not in use anymore across the road from one of my hunting areas. One of the kids went away to college and came back as a full blown liberal anti gun, anti hunter, and so on. We had a verbal confrontation one season when I parked and started walking in. He pulled up on the road and started cursing me and calling names. I just ignored him completely and went on about my hunt. That entire weekend he drove around the half section honking his horn while I was in there. Fortunately for me, the county Game Warden lives at the corner of that half section across the road. I called him on Sunday after having enough and he put an end to it. His wife that was at home backed up my story about the horn honking.
    Bird (this time) and kwaynem like this.

Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Exactly. I even used that law once. There is an old dairy that is not in use anymore across the road from one of my hunting areas. One of the kids went away to college and came back as a full blown liberal anti gun, anti hunter, and so on. We had a verbal confrontation one season when I parked and started walking in. He pulled up on the road and started cursing me and calling names. I just ignored him completely and went on about my hunt. That entire weekend he drove around the half section honking his horn while I was in there. Fortunately for me, the county Game Warden lives at the corner of that half section across the road. I called him on Sunday after having enough and he put an end to it. His wife that was at home backed up my story about the horn honking.
    You handled that a lot better than I would have. I probably would've been on the 6 o'clock news

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    kwaynem likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    You handled that a lot better than I would have. I probably would've been on the 6 o'clock news

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    I had a high powered rifle and a pistol, all he had was a mouth and a horn. Advantage was mine. I let a lot of stuff roll off, but there does come a time......
    Sad thing is that I knew his parents since I was a kid. Hard working folks that ran that dairy. Cows gotta be milked no matter how bad your feeling 7 days a week. Kid was always "different". I can't believe those two folks sired that idiot. He was disrespectful of everyone around him. They worked their butts off and saved to put him through college and then he came home to bum off his parents generosity until they passed away. Nobody lives there now. I can't believe he hasn't sold it for the cash.
    After that one incident I never had any more issues with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast