The big move - Page 4

The big move

This is a discussion on The big move within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Geez. Seeing those pics makes me miss WY so much and its only been two years since our last visit, so much natural beauty....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The big move

Member #
    Liked
    586 times
    Geez. Seeing those pics makes me miss WY so much and its only been two years since our last visit, so much natural beauty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    Wyoming treats its wildlife like living gold. It’s a major source of income. These town/ yard mulie pets are sickly looking. The antelope don't wander through the yards. They stick to the fields mostly.
    Back in the 70’s when stationed at Ft Leavenworth Ks, several of the civilians working there went to Wyoming every year. Out of state licenses and tags were over the counter. You got mulie, bear, speed goat and elk for one price, and they typically tagged out.
    The rules have certainly changed.
    Bird (this time) likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    961 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Back in the 70’s when stationed at Ft Leavenworth Ks, several of the civilians working there went to Wyoming every year. Out of state licenses and tags were over the counter. You got mulie, bear, speed goat and elk for one price, and they typically tagged out.
    The rules have certainly changed.
    I worked with a guy at Tinker that a group of them would go up to Wy and get cheap over the counter antelope tages and bring home a pickup load of them. Think this was mid 80's.
    dennishoddy likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1870 times
    Non res is at least an arm and 2 legs and if I’m not mistaken are draw tags only. Next fall will come in due time and I plan to partake than.

Now that my oldest has his drivers permit we’ve been taking long drives in the country. Few nights ago we went SW of town to check out a vast expanse of BLM land. Ended up seeing 60+ mule deer. 24 were bucks. One group of 20 had 13 bucks in it. 3 bucks were studs and I can only hope they live until next fall.

Name:  2FC72ECD-9551-4D44-AC20-F45BD64D0479.jpeg
Views: 27
Size:  875.3 KB
    Name:  41A0247F-E247-43F3-B053-BE5D3C1FC904.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  1.13 MB
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    Good looking bucks!
    Bullbuster likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    781 times
    I went hunting up there in the mid 90’s just across the Colorado line into Wyoming seen a lot of elk and out of the 5 of us only one didn’t take a buck that week
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1870 times
    Well things never go as planned. I will be moving again within the next 30 days. Landlords won’t sign off on wife’s new service dog so they gave us a 30 day notice of termination of pet agreement. It’s all legal like as well. Will not get rid of sons snakes or the dogs so now we are forced to find a new place. On a lighter note only 5 more weeks left of the academy and I was invited to go elk scouting next weekend.
    kwaynem likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    That sucks. I hate moving. My next move will be to a funeral home. I’m staying put!

Member #
    Liked
    961 times
    That's a bummer for sure. Hope you all find a place quick like.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    1870 times
    Well we had the housing inspector out today and it was a sight to behold. He said not only is the electrical not to code but the copper water pipes and PVC drain lines are not either. After a call to the office it was confirmed that no permits were ever issued for any of it. The owners were notified and well, we now have a lawyer involved. This is becoming a CLUSTER!!!! If you know what I mean. I’m supposed to go with a new friend scouting for elk this weekend but I may be moving instead. BUT I STILL LOVE LIVING HERE!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast