What can we do? - Page 2

What can we do?

This is a discussion on What can we do? within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Originally Posted by BobbyV I'm on a bunch of other forums and have been in the habit of posting there way more than here. I'll ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What can we do?

Member #
    Liked
    2230 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyV View Post
    I'm on a bunch of other forums and have been in the habit of posting there way more than here. I'll check in every so often when I get the emails about trending topics.

Is this forum tied in with any Facebook groups? Not that I'm willing to get back on that social media cesspool . . .
    No facebook connection.....thank God.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    759 times
    No dramabook for me

Member #
    Liked
    143 times
    Ya--I have been distracted with building and starting up a motorcycle forum and a trip back home to NH to deal with some family stuff. Trip called short because my MIL was in ICU. SHe passed two nights ago and now we are dealing with all the stuff that goes with my wife being the executor.

On a different note; I am thinking of building an AR (5.56). I never have. Need to figure out what lower and then upper kit or pieces.

Dang hot out there today.

Name:  IMG_6875.JPG
Views: 20
Size:  202.3 KB

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    759 times
    Sorry about your loss friend

Member #
    Liked
    2230 times
    Sorry to hear about your MIL. I was executor on my moms will. Get lots of certified copies of the death certificate. Everybody you deal with will want a copy, even the local cable company.

Now for your next question, about AR's and building them, I have a sticky in the gun forum about how to build one. I'm currently building two myself. one in 9mm PCC and the other in a caliber yet to be determined. Several of our members have built their own.
    Start a thread if you want, and we will do what we can to get you up to speed on a build.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    830 times
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

Member #
    Liked
    1824 times
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your MIL.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    921 times
    Condolences on your families loss. If you want to build an AR check out Brownells and Palmetto State Armory and sites like those. Now days, it's almost as cheap to buy one as it is to build it. But if you build it and it breaks, you'll know how to fix it! They are pretty simple machines.
    kwaynem likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaynem View Post
    What can we do to keep OKH alive? We need some ideas to keep this forum going and get others involved seems like it’s just the same handful of members posting with a few newcomers?
    That is a question that can't be answered. I tried to get more people with a giveaway but had tepid response. People are just involved in too many things these days to want to respond or not concerned.
    dennishoddy, Bullbuster and baby like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12