Who Will Get More Coverage?

This is a discussion on Who Will Get More Coverage? within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Just wondering who will get more coverage, the San Antonio shooter who was targeting immigrants which can be tied somehow to Trump, or the Dayton ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Bullbuster
  • 2 Post By dennishoddy
  • 2 Post By Archer22
  • 2 Post By dennishoddy
  • 2 Post By Bird (this time)

Thread: Who Will Get More Coverage?

Member #
    Liked
    912 times

Just wondering who will get more coverage, the San Antonio shooter who was targeting immigrants which can be tied somehow to Trump, or the Dayton shooter who says that he'd vote for Elizabeth Warren in a heartbeat?
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    756 times
    San Antonio shooter by far. Since they found out who he would vote for I haven’t heard anything about Dayton

Member #
    Liked
    1824 times
    It’s sad that they even make such a public spectacle of these tragic situations.
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011ó01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2220 times

Dayton guy was using an AR brace. Expect that to be banned. Hundreds of thousands of platform now felons.
    I think we need to email the White House and express our position.
    The anti gunners are already doing by this but in the opposite direction.
    Last edited by dennishoddy; 08-07-2019 at 12:37 AM.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    I recently responded to a post on facebook, a friend of mine who is generally anti-gun and quite liberal. He was posting about the recent shootings and asked for a call to ban firearms in general. I mentioned some statistics about fatal accidents in the US which causes gun violence to pale in comparison. It was direct and rational. I was sworn at, called a sick person. One interesting question I was asked: "Do you consider your right to own a firearm a basic right such as access to medical attention and education?" I said the right to protect myself and my family I feel is the most important to me of those three. Then she asked me how I felt about more regulation and I stated: "I have to ask the government's permission to own a firearm (4473), to carry a firearm (CCW) and to hunt with a firearm (hunting license). I don't have to get the government's permission to go to the hospital or go to school." Pissed her off something fierce and the language got more and more colorful. What's interesting is the people who call themselves "progressive" seem to be the less civilized of the whole lot and cannot have a simple conversation, let alone a debate.

Member #
    Liked
    2220 times
    Itís their way or the highway. They think the government is there to protect them when itís exactly the opposite. I engage people daily in discussions about gun ownership on the other side of the aisle.
    Itís tough to make them understand that our government and constitution was formed by our founders to protect our rights, not to take them away from us.

Almost every one of these mass shootings were performed by people that had no criminal history and obtained their guns legally after background checks.

The antiís and some Republicans want further background checks to prevent you from giving a firearm to a family member as a gift or selling to a friend without going through an FFL.

I donít agree with the red flag laws as that concept of removing your right before due process in a court of law violates the very tenant of our Constitution that says your innocent until proven guilty and may very well end up as a case before the Supreme Court.
    There are 13 or 14 states that currently have red flag laws. The majority ran by democrats that want to remove your guns from your home completely.
    Florida does have a republican governor that caved under public pressure so he could keep his job after the Parkland shooting where final investigation revealed the school security officer along with the the local sheriff and his officers did not respond to proper protocol.
    The sheriff has been relieved of duty along with several officers in the aftermath.

We canít stop sending emails to our senators and congressional representatives and expect them to vote in our favor.
    You might be lazy and think every body is going to do it for you, but you would be seriously wrong.
    My local state representative who is incredibly gun friendly said when hot button issues came up, he might have seen a couple dozen emails, most against gun rights.
    The antiís donít have any reservations using the political process to take away our rights.
    Gun owners seem to not take advantage of this right.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    912 times
    Gun owners and conservatives in general, are the silent majority. We want to go about our business everyday and not need to go to a protest rally, scream like hell and march down the street. We want to go to work, pay our bills and be left alone. Well, this is what has let the loud minority get to the point that we are at today. If the other side is going to press the elected officials, the we must press as well. They back a candidate financially, so must we and on and on.
    kwaynem and dennishoddy like this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack