OU season opener tomorrow, 9/1/19 - Page 4

OU season opener tomorrow, 9/1/19

This is a discussion on OU season opener tomorrow, 9/1/19 within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Oh for sure. Come on whats the real harm in it anyhow? Isnt things like that what make a rivalry fun. It blows my mind ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: OU season opener tomorrow, 9/1/19

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Oh for sure. Come on whats the real harm in it anyhow? Isnt things like that what make a rivalry fun. It blows my mind how soft some people are.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1869 times
    Don’t you know it’s all gone to the libs and not offending anyone. Why do you think they now have 500 college bowl games each year. Everyone is a winner and gets a bowl game with sprinkles on it.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    961 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Oh for sure. Come on whats the real harm in it anyhow? Isnt things like that what make a rivalry fun. It blows my mind how soft some people are.
    Mack Brown is the guy that said he didn't like it and something should be done about it. So the Big 12 tried to appease him and ended up looking like fools. Just another case of UT trying to run the conference and ruining it. (aka Neb and friends leaving because of Tex.)
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    I didnt know that is the reason Neb left. That was a game people always looked forward too. Whats goin on with our friends across the river they let the Austin libs take over the state?

Bull
    I agree on the bowl games it has gotten out of hand. What is this teaching anyone you win for showing up? Its sickening really. I tell my kids crying dont get you what you want but heck it seems i might be wrong

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird (this time) View Post
    Mack Brown is the guy that said he didn't like it and something should be done about it. So the Big 12 tried to appease him and ended up looking like fools. Just another case of UT trying to run the conference and ruining it. (aka Neb and friends leaving because of Tex.)
    Nebraska is but a particle of its storied history back in the day. Division 2 is all they are now.
    Bird (this time) likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    D2 now?
    Really

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    D2 now?
    Really
    HA HA! Nebraska fan offended! Watched them over the weekend, and they were not the team they were once,
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    They could use a better coaching staff. Recruiting is non existing.
    I feel the same way about ok state new coach is needed

Member #
    Liked
    961 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    HA HA! Nebraska fan offended! Watched them over the weekend, and they were not the team they were once,
    They took a talent hit by going to the Big 10, but they are raking in the $$$'s from the conference payout. I have watched a lot of OU-Neb games in Neb while pheasant hunting. Always had a great time with the folks up there. Teams respected each other as well as the fans. Not like the Red River Rivalry or Bedlam.
    dennishoddy likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Bird.
    How so, not as much trash talk?
    From what i have heard it was a game most folks looked forward to watching

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast