Let's see em - Page 2

Let's see em

This is a discussion on Let's see em within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Originally Posted by Bullbuster Couple pics from a trip last week on the North Platte River and the famed Miracle Mile. We caught at least ...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Let's see em

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    Couple pics from a trip last week on the North Platte River and the famed Miracle Mile. We caught at least 30 fish. Rainbows, Cutthroat, Cutbow and brown.
    The North Platte is a great trout fishery. Looking forward to fishing it in a couple of years.
    Bullbuster likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1008 times
    I got pictures of the BIGGEST Johnson grass, weeds, does and one helluva sinus infection from the ragweed pulling cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1869 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    The North Platte is a great trout fishery. Looking forward to fishing it in a couple of years.
    Why wait for for a couple more years? Lots of KOAs and other RV camping areas. Plenty of spots along the west bank of the mile for an RV.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    I pulled a card Sunday from behind the house, coons coons and more coons. I have never seen so many at one time it was like they found the feeder and called all of their friends. I have never seen one around the house though.

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    Why wait for for a couple more years? Lots of KOAs and other RV camping areas. Plenty of spots along the west bank of the mile for an RV.
    We make our travel plans in the RV a year in advance. Just about have to now with the economy good, a lot of folks are buying RV’s and booking the RV spots way in advance. We will be back in Colorado next summer.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    I pulled a card Sunday from behind the house, coons coons and more coons. I have never seen so many at one time it was like they found the feeder and called all of their friends. I have never seen one around the house though.
    I don’t remember when it starts, but the ODW has approved year around trapping for coons.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I installed the cuddy link system this year so all my cams text me pics. This is what I got so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    dennishoddy and Kicker like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    I need to go to that system. I drive an hour one way to get where my cameras are located.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Is it a subscription you have to pay for or a certain camera?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Is it a subscription you have to pay for or a certain camera?
    You can buy a 4-pack of cameras for about $750 on Amazon. You can either get a 4-pack of the relay cameras or you can get 3 relay cameras and 1 cell camera. You have to have 1 cell camera for it to text you otherwise you set up one relay camera as the "home" camera and all pics go to it and you just pull that one card to see all the pics on the property. Just make sure you getting CuddeLink cameras and not cuddeback cameras. They look the same except cuddelink has an antenna on it. Cuddelink will send images but cuddeback is just their regular trail cam unless you buy an attachment antenna for them which is sold separately. You can have up to 15 cameras on the network feeding to that one cell camera or "home" camera. All the relay cameras feed their pics to the cell camera or "home" camera via a wireless network. The cell camera then texts or emails the pictures to you or the "home" camera stores them on its card for you to pull. Its over the verizon network and I have AT&T phones and so the texting never seems to work so I just set up an email box and thats how I get all the pics. You only need 1 cell plan to get pics from all the cameras and the cell plan ranges from 10-30 bucks a month. The 30 dollar plan is the one I have because it allows unlimited images.

They have about a quarter of a mile range in open country, less in heavy cover but they can chain to each other if one camera is out of range of the cell cam so you can extend the range that way. They have 2 down sides to the system: the pics are not sent instantly like a normal cell cam. Sometimes I get a pic an hour after it was taken and other times it can be 3-4 hours. It could be because Verizon coverage is a bit weak where I hunt though and they may come faster if you have good cell service. Other issue is that they eat through batteries about every 4 weeks since they are always sending pics back and forth and communicating across the network.
    Bullbuster, dennishoddy and Kicker like this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast