Let's see em - Page 3

Let's see em

This is a discussion on Let's see em within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Sounds like a pretty good system until you got to the batteries. That could get costly, but how cool getting all the pictures and not ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Let's see em

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Sounds like a pretty good system until you got to the batteries. That could get costly, but how cool getting all the pictures and not waiting weeks to pull a card.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good system until you got to the batteries. That could get costly, but how cool getting all the pictures and not waiting weeks to pull a card.
    There's an adapter you can buy that makes them run off D batteries instead of AA to significantly extend the life. You can also hook them up to a solar cell which is unlimited power assuming you have some sunlight hitting it. Its more cost up front but will save you on battery costs in the long run. I love the system so far. Its awesome to wake up and see all the pics from your property waiting for you in email every morning and then you get pics throughout the day as well.
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1870 times
    I think this would be great but with little to no cell coverage where I’d like to use them it’s pointless. I have 3 cams already I can use. Need metal bear boxes for them plus cable and locks as they would be on public land. I was thinking over bear baits and such.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    They sound awesome and with the solar panel that would be a great set up! Be hard not to check the email every hour.
    As far as putting them on public land a metal box and good chain would be a must!
    Two years ago i had three cameras stolen off private land i hunt. Far in the woods as they were i cant imagine how anyone found them.
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    They are going to have to put in some cell towers for me to use them. I might get one bar of 4G at times, but typically out of service with AT&T, but if another carrier has service there, it might work with the email option. Need to see who else claims to have service there. Can't use the network option either. The three cams are miles apart.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Our cell cameras used a ton of power so we switched to solar and big 12 volt battery. Saves slot of money when we are running several cams. Not to mention it's a 2 hour drive to check cams.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I would show you guys a bunch of pics but I still havent figured out how to do that. I can send pics on my other forums but just not this one.

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    I would show you guys a bunch of pics but I still havent figured out how to do that. I can send pics on my other forums but just not this one.
    I think we have a tutorial on this on the forum. Let me look around. I typically use tapatalk. Its super easy to post pics with that app.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Always great to see some trail cam pics try to post if you can!

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Let's try this again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast