Having a tropical heat wave - Page 2

Having a tropical heat wave

This is a discussion on Having a tropical heat wave within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Need some leaves and other foliage to turn colors and fall to really feel like hunting season!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Having a tropical heat wave

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Need some leaves and other foliage to turn colors and fall to really feel like hunting season!
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    It sure felt like it this mornin.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Im working a mile from BP today thought i might get lucky and be able to pick it up after work

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1866 times
    Got some snow coming Thursday which is nice as I’m going to play pack mule on a mule deer hunt.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    How did the hunt go your son helped out on, and did your rifle survive it?
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2334 times
    Danged nice day today. Finally got home from Broken Arrow and got to visit the killing fields. The skeeters were horrible! Fortunately had a can of spray in the truck. The clover and wheat I spread last week is sprouting. When pulling into both spots there were deer in the area. Got corn in one feeder, and still can't get the other going. The down spout above the spinner was missing. Can't imagine what happened to it, but I did have a spare in the tool box. Got it on and then the spinner/shaft broke off the motor when doing a test spin. Feeder is about 20 years old.
    I've got a motor from another feeder that was salvaged. Have to see if it's compatible with the mount in the old one. If so, go repair it tomorrow. If not, have another feeder in the shop I can use.
    Bullbuster likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1866 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    How did the hunt go your son helped out on, and did your rifle survive it?
    They saw 20+ mule deer and several bucks. They also saw a bunch of antelope rutting. Buddy missed a “stud buck” as my son called it at 205 yards. Buck fever got the best of my buddy. He put a new scope on his 30-06 and will be using that now lol. I’m excited to go tag along in the snow even if the temps will be single digit.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2334 times
    At least your seeing game and able to be among it while waiting out your time in Wyoming hunting probation. Insane you have to wait a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bullbuster likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Isnt it 6mths here in "okieland"?

Member #
    Liked
    1866 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Isnt it 6mths here in "okieland"?
    Most states it is 6 months for residency. It’s 6 for weapons residency. WY loves it’s wildlife. 10 years residency to qualify for lifetime license.

Got about 2” of snow thus far. Can’t sleep (usually awake and working right now) but looking forward to 5 am pickup time. Should be a good day.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast