When in doubt get it checked out - Page 3

When in doubt get it checked out

This is a discussion on When in doubt get it checked out within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Are you sure you aren’t just going through a second puberty and got a bad zit? Hope you heal up and get back on your ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: When in doubt get it checked out

Member #
    Liked
    1089 times
    Are you sure you aren’t just going through a second puberty and got a bad zit? Hope you heal up and get back on your feet. Take care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1915 times
    Well I will go back to work tonight. Been off for away now due to all this. I’m feeling much better and it’s starting to heal up nicely. Still need to sport a bandage over it for a few more days. Down to about a grape sized knot under the skin vs golf ball like before.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    810 times
    Heal up buddy
    Bullbuster likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    happy to hear of the improvements

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    Spray some Windex on it!! Glad your healing up, mister.
    Bullbuster likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Bull
    Whats the update are you back in the woods playing guide and pack mule yet or are you layed up still
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1915 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Bull
    Whats the update are you back in the woods playing guide and pack mule yet or are you layed up still
    Well my absence should say something on how things have been going. The jaw healed up fine and left a little scar. The infection (MESA) wasn’t gone and came back. About a week or so ago another lump developed on the back of my neck. Within 48 hours it was nearly a golf ball in size. It pushed against and pinched a nerve in my neck giving me a massive headache and even some left eye vision issues. I went in Sunday after work as I couldn’t take it and my wife telling me to go get it looked at anymore. They cut it and drained it. Lab tests would confirm it was still MRSA. They bandaged me up and sent me home with some pain meds and antibiotics. Monday morning I took my meds about 0530 and went off to work/ weapons class. About an hour into class I started getting sick with hot flashes and nausea. At 0730 I had just gotten to the range from class when it all went to hell. No more than I gotten all my Kevlar vest, duty belt and other gear on than it all came up. I ran off the range, tripped and fell face first into a snow bank and into a pile of my own vomit I was mouthing. After loosing my guts several more times I began shaking and became very dizzy. I recall my whole body tingling and seeing flashers in my vision. I managed to tell the instructor I was pulling myself from the class and needed to go to the hospital. They assisted me in getting my gear off and one of them drove me to the hospital where my wife met us. I wasn’t in the ER 10 minute when I lost consciousness. I was in and out of consciousness for the next 3-4 hours they said. My O2 level fell below 70%, heart rate down to 50 bpm and respiration’s down to 10 per minute. They had me hooked up to all the jump starter equipment and were ready to evacuate me to Cheyenne or even Denver if need be. I managed to pull out of it and was admitted into ICU Monday afternoon on O2 and IV meds. They cleaned the hole in the back of my head every few hours. I don’t recall much of what else happened on Monday. Tuesday they moved me out of ICU. I was kept on the heavy IV antibiotics and continued wound cleaning. Yesterday morning they took me off the IV meds and put me on pills to see how I’d react. They packed and bandage me up. Today I as well enough and my white blood cell showed the infection was going away so I was released this afternoon. I go back in 2 days to have the bandages changed and hole in my head checked. Overall I feel good just fatigued. I’m not cleared to go back to work until next Tuesday at the start of my next shift rotation. Lots of rest is what the Doc’s ordered for now. So that’s where I’m at now.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    1089 times
    Damnit that sounds like a few days straight from hell. MRSA was what eventually killed my father. Definitely nothing to take lightly. Hoping the best for you getting healed up.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    Bullbuster likes this.

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Good grief man lay in bed and take it easy like murph said sounds like hell!

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    Wow dude, that is some scary stuff going on. Hope they get it all taken care of and you get back in the saddle soon.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast