Beware of ALF - Page 2

Beware of ALF

This is a discussion on Beware of ALF within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Haha bird is on to something all they need is jeans that are to small...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Beware of ALF

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Haha bird is on to something all they need is jeans that are to small
    Bird (this time) likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Bird, I seem to remember a certain policeman we served with mentioning that this ALF group and ELF were noted as some of the most extreme domestic terrorists by the FBI. ELF was the group spiking trees to kill loggers years ago.

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Honcho
    Woah woah wait a minute.... lets hear more about this! You got my attention now

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    NY Times Magazine article from 2002. https://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/07/m...terrorist.html

Oh and welcome back Honcho, glad to see ya back on here, buddy.
    Last edited by Bird (this time); 10-30-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Good read thanks for posting. I didnt know anything about that.

Member #
    Liked
    1092 times
    The only Alf I knew about was the little cat eating furry dude on TV. Thanks for the article.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2476 times
    Alf, and Elf were the main drivers behind our legislature and other states enacting the laws that made harassing hunters in the field by activist groups against the law if I remember right.
    We drew a hunt on Salt Plains once back then and were advised that we may be harassed when that sort of activity was at its peak, but the hunt went on without any issues.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Alf, and Elf were the main drivers behind our legislature and other states enacting the laws that made harassing hunters in the field by activist groups against the law if I remember right.
    We drew a hunt on Salt Plains once back then and were advised that we may be harassed when that sort of activity was at its peak, but the hunt went on without any issues.
    You are correct Dennis, Oklahoma and several other states were proactive in attempting to stem the tide. It got pretty scary for a couple of years. I believe Bullbuster had an encounter with the wackos on a bear hunt in Va.
    dennishoddy likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Member #
    Liked
    1915 times
    We have a bunch of anti hunters here in town and they love to talk that anti talk. The city is getting rid of 25 MD doe and people are going nuts over it. Interfering with a lawful hunt will get you a huge fine and even jail time.
    dennishoddy likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    Well, they walk among us here in Okla. This from OU's Sooner Daily. Seems the "Green New Deal" supporters on campus staged a sit in to speak with the OU president demanding severing ties with oil & gas industry and other demands.
    Protestors occupy Evans Hall as a part of climate strike | News | oudaily.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast