Wonder Why?

Wonder Why?

This is a discussion on Wonder Why? within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Sitting and thinking after reading several hunting sites on Facebook and other places on the innerwebz, and I got to wondering. We as hunters, lovers ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Wonder Why?

Member #
    Liked
    1220 times

Wonder Why?

Sitting and thinking after reading several hunting sites on Facebook and other places on the innerwebz, and I got to wondering. We as hunters, lovers of freedom, 'Merica, Don't Tread on Me types piss and moan and argue so danged much over what another feller hunts with. Compound shooters arguing that cross bows are killing the sport...??? Wasn't that long ago stick bow shooters thought the world was going to end when someone put wheels on each end of a bow. And scopes on muzzle loaders, whaaaaaa????

Now a lil fun pokin' trash talk is fun, but these folks are serious. I just don't get it.
    kwaynem and 78littlered like this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    887 times
    I don’t care what you hunt with as long as you do it safely period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016

Member #
    Liked
    2818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird (this time) View Post
    Now a lil fun pokin' trash talk is fun, but these folks are serious. I just don't get it.
    They are called fudds.
    Every gun range, every different hunting/fishing discipline has them.
    Since I try to participate in everything hunting and fishing as possible, I’d have to say fly fishing has the greatest number of Fudds percentage wise of any outdoor sport I’ve participated in.
    The Fudness seems to grow with the price of their equipment and price of their proper clothing.
    Walk into a fly shop one of these days and ask where the best place would be to fish for trout using bait if you think I’m kidding. Lol
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1352 times
    Ask a trap shooter what they think of a skeet, sporting clay or 5 stand shooter and then get popcorn, your slippers on and sit back in your easy chair and listen. It will blow your mind.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2818 times
    Trap shooters would be my second choice.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Member #
    Liked
    2091 times
    If you don’t hunt with an Atlatle then you have all the advantage. It’s not hunting it meat collecting.
    kwaynem likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    My little cousin eats more deer burgers than anyone i have ever come across. He grinds one of his deer every year, the entire deer usually the first he takes. Wjen he posted on a fb hunting page "time to grind this thing" the attack that was launched on him about being a bad hunter and meat waster and on and on and on was so overwhelming he chosse to just stop posting after about a day of fighting back haha people are real a holes sometimes. And outside of huntimg and fishing try to talk to nearly any team roper gollybum you will hear how they created greatness

Member #
    Liked
    2818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    My little cousin eats more deer burgers than anyone i have ever come across. He grinds one of his deer every year, the entire deer usually the first he takes. Wjen he posted on a fb hunting page "time to grind this thing" the attack that was launched on him about being a bad hunter and meat waster and on and on and on was so overwhelming he chosse to just stop posting after about a day of fighting back haha people are real a holes sometimes. And outside of huntimg and fishing try to talk to nearly any team roper gollybum you will hear how they created greatness
    Those same folks would probably go ballistic when I tell the processor to grind up that elk. I save some jerky meat to do later, save the tenderloins, and have the backstraps cut into thick steaks. Other than that, it all gets ground with 20% pork fat.
    We eat a lot of ground in different recipes, and of course the kids get their share.
    Back when working for a living, always used it for chili and so on for the guys I worked with.
    BobbyV likes this.

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    994 times
    And don’t mention the best caliber to use for the game you are hunting sheeshhh

Member #
    Liked
    2818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaynem View Post
    And don’t mention the best caliber to use for the game you are hunting sheeshhh
    That will open up a can of worms!
    kwaynem likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast