This what happens to my application for controlled hunts.

This is a discussion on This what happens to my application for controlled hunts. within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; This what the Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Department does with my application....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: This what happens to my application for controlled hunts.

Member #
    Liked
    449 times

This what the Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Department does with my application.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    U.S. ARMY (Retired)
    I love to hunt and fish and most of all spending time with my family after I get home from hunting and fishing.

Founder of the Wichita Mountain Waterfowlers established 2012.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    222 times
    Same here. For decades now.
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2806 times
    I've been putting in for that hunt since the 70's.
    Buddy has been putting in since the same timeframe and drew out in the early 20's. (don't remember the exact year, but it's posted on here and can be searched with the search function)

I went with him as a helper. What I saw was a mix of 1st time hunters getting drawn and the other side was those in their late 70's to early 80's being drawn for the bull hunts that had been putting in for years with zero results.
    Kwaynem hunted that controlled hunt last year. Interesting to see if his observations were the same as mine.
    kwaynem likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    222 times
    I may never get drawn. I only put in for the bull tags. If it's a once in a lifetime deal I only want a bull. There are only a handful of tags so I doubt I get drawn but its exciting to try every year.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    989 times
    If I remember right they said there was six first time applicants that drew out this last hunt two that I talked to were bull tags I’m not sure on the other ones but during the orientation the asked a show of hands of how many were first time applicants and they were pretty amazed at how many there was and when they raised their hands there was a lot of groans in the crowd also

Member #
    Liked
    883 times
    I went as a helper when my buddy got drawn. Then I hunted private land that bordered the refuge. That’s where I got my state record Bull. Then years later I drew out for my bull tag. So I’ve been done for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016

Member #
    Liked
    2806 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I went as a helper when my buddy got drawn. Then I hunted private land that bordered the refuge. That’s where I got my state record Bull. Then years later I drew out for my bull tag. So I’ve been done for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some people have all the luck!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2080 times
    Those trophy hunters always make it more difficult on others.

Given the topic of elk and on a side note I saw this group of about 25-30 today as I was leaving Casper. Only saw 3 small rag horn bulls in the group. Apparently we had a herd of 100 or so south of town today as well that past by the prison.
    Name:  0319B3A1-E242-46AF-920F-44233F127289.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  1.09 MB
    Name:  02527524-6255-4DFF-A11A-389CB2D211D7.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  1.11 MB
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    1212 times
    Sure makes your index finger itch doesn't it?
    kwaynem and Bullbuster like this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    2080 times
    I got video of some tonight but it won't let me load it as its too big. Sends via text just fine lol. I finally broke down and ordered one of them phone scope things. Should be here today if the roads remain open. Looking forward to getting some pics and video with it.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast