Holy Cow, Is It Spring? - Page 2

Holy Cow, Is It Spring?

This is a discussion on Holy Cow, Is It Spring? within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Yea spring is here. I am already mowing my backyard....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Holy Cow, Is It Spring?

Member #
    Liked
    474 times
    Yea spring is here. I am already mowing my backyard.
    U.S. ARMY (Retired)
    I love to hunt and fish and most of all spending time with my family after I get home from hunting and fishing.

Founder of the Wichita Mountain Waterfowlers established 2012.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by baby View Post
    Yea spring is here. I am already mowing my backyard.
    Suspect I'll have to do the same shortly. Some of our oaks dont shed their leaves until spring so the leaf issue is what gets the mowing season started.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1023 times
    I went over to my lease the other day and oak leaves on the ground we’re thick

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1262 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    You need to be looking out in the pastures. Way out in the middle. Best places are around the feed grounds and mineral tubs they have for their cattle. By no means do you want to look on southern facing hillsides with generous amounts of thickets and cedars are often wet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You should be ashamed Murph...
    murphranch likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    Found some! They were right whrre you said murph, i took a long trip and never left the farm. Guess i know why folks are so crazy about them. Might set up a stand near a college fir the foot traffic

Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    I was out today looking at food plots and the frogs were all singing so it got warm enough to wake them up. Found a crawdad crawling
    across one plot which I thought was strange beings there isnt any water for several hundred yards. Guess it was wet enough to travel cross counrty.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2897 times
    I got out and watched some folks snagging below Kaw dam. They were catching but the fish were small.
    Stopped of at my morel honey holes and didn’t find anything. Too soon I suspect but a walk in the woods was a good thing today.
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    Hey Dennis will you let me know when they are snagging some good ones. It's a 2 hour drive and I've made many a dry run. I watch the flow charts on the corps site and call the power plant line so I know whennits flowing. Just need to know when they are spawning.

Member #
    Liked
    2897 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    Hey Dennis will you let me know when they are snagging some good ones. It's a 2 hour drive and I've made many a dry run. I watch the flow charts on the corps site and call the power plant line so I know whennits flowing. Just need to know when they are spawning.
    I only watched them for 10 minutes or so on the boat ramp, east side. Mostly 10 lb fish, but they were steady. With this rain coming up, they will likely increase flow that should get the big ones moving upstream. I have a spot on the Salt Fork, but it would take an amphibious tracked vehicle to get in there with all this rain.

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    Seriously talk of something other than the virus how can you think of a fishing trip when we have no toilet paper....
    Where will you go bird! How will you wipe! Think of the smell! Your britches!
    Thank God im not the only one still thinking of fishing. Got a trip planned in three weeks cant wait to get on the water
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast