Holy Cow, Is It Spring? - Page 4

Holy Cow, Is It Spring?

This is a discussion on Holy Cow, Is It Spring? within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; HaHa! that stock trailer is ugly! I bet it was no fun getting out. I went looking for shrooms, sheds and some fishing at the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Holy Cow, Is It Spring?

Member #
    Liked
    2891 times
    HaHa! that stock trailer is ugly! I bet it was no fun getting out.

I went looking for shrooms, sheds and some fishing at the pond. Zero on all accounts. Don't typically find shrooms or sheds there but it was so nice I had to go look. The road was so bad that the neighbor had resorted to using a tractor to pull a round bale trailer to feed. Axle broke and he dumped 4 bales into the ditch that is about 10' deep. Should have taken a pic.
    Moving on to another place, decided to get off the terrace in the wheat field to make a shortcut in the 4 wheeler.
    Man was that a mistake! Down to the frame about 20' shy of a tree to put the winch cable to. Had some 3/8" rope in the compartment, so doubled that up, and it pulled right out. Not near as messy as your stock trailer.
    The pond was so muddy that it made chocolate milk look like clear water. Threw the dry fly for a bit and gave that up.
    Kayak up in beaver creek tomorrow.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2144 times
    It’s snowing here as I type this. Spring is a joke lol
    Last edited by Bullbuster; 03-25-2020 at 08:47 PM.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    1405 times
    2 of those big yellow 9 inch wide jerk straps tied together. When my brother hit the end of them I swear they looked to be only 2 inches wide. I just laid down in the seat in case something broke and stood on the accelerator. There's mud and grass on everything. I bet that trailer would sprout and grow if I don't wash it.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    Bird (this time) likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2891 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    2 of those big yellow 9 inch wide jerk straps tied together. When my brother hit the end of them I swear they looked to be only 2 inches wide. I just laid down in the seat in case something broke and stood on the accelerator. There's mud and grass on everything. I bet that trailer would sprout and grow if I don't wash it.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    Gotta love those straps. I had a 30' 2" nylon jerk rope. It looked like 3/4" rope when stretched, and then the vehicle would just come out. Amazing how well they work.
    The end of my jerk rope came when a county road grader was stuck. The rope was on the bumper hitch. I hit it a couple of times gaining a little. Third time got about 10' of slack and gave the old 82 Bronco full throttle in 4WD low. Left the bumper on the ground. Grader still stuck.
    Got some amazing "stuck" stories over the years as I'm sure you have as well being out in it every day.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Member #
    Liked
    1258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Gotta love those straps. I had a 30' 2" nylon jerk rope. It looked like 3/4" rope when stretched, and then the vehicle would just come out. Amazing how well they work.
    The end of my jerk rope came when a county road grader was stuck. The rope was on the bumper hitch. I hit it a couple of times gaining a little. Third time got about 10' of slack and gave the old 82 Bronco full throttle in 4WD low. Left the bumper on the ground. Grader still stuck.
    Got some amazing "stuck" stories over the years as I'm sure you have as well being out in it every day.
    Sounds like a "hold my beer" moment, Dennis.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    2891 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird (this time) View Post
    Sounds like a "hold my beer" moment, Dennis.
    Unfortunatly it was.
    I gotta 4W drive! I can go anywhere and pull anything out!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234