First time empty nester

First time empty nester

This is a discussion on First time empty nester within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Well the youngest daughter moved out today it’s the first time in over 30 years the wife and I have had the house to ourselves ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: First time empty nester

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1133 times

First time empty nester

Well the youngest daughter moved out today it’s the first time in over 30 years the wife and I have had the house to ourselves going to take some time to get use to but I’ll manage first time in years I don’t have to close the door taking a shower lol! I’ll miss her being around though it’s tough getting older

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2344 times
    Looks like you have no one to take the trash out but you now.
    rswink and kwaynem like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    3168 times
    It was a weird feeling when we became empty nesters. It was almost a month after the youngest son left before the empty nest syndrome went away.
    That being said, enjoy watching TV in the underwear, just don't post any pics. We don't want to see that!

Life is going to be more expensive for you too. When the son moved out, it cost me $5000 for a new ZTR mower. LOL
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    My wife and I sat on peace and quit for a week, and then we had to find something to do with the weekends, I recommend a strict schedule of hunting and fishing with a monthly excursion out of town to see things the kids would have fussed about.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2344 times
    Can always play newlywed game again.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1133 times
    It’s eerily quiet this morning kids dog not barking cabinet doors not banging ice maker not going off every thirty minutes tv’s not on yet and I went to the bathroom with the door open lol this virus needs to get gone so I can get back to work

Member #
    Liked
    276 times
    When my first daughter got close to moving out age I started thinking about how the other would be right behind her in a few years. Something about everyone9ving didnt set right with me so I talked to the wife and we started fostering. Now we have adopted 2 little ones. Brought one home from the hospital at 3 days old and his sister came a year later at 4 days old. They are one and two now so we are starting over. Just wasnt ready to face all that quietness. Maybe I'll be ready in another 18 or 20 years.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I enjoy the peace and quiet in my house until I have all four grandkids. LOL
    Last edited by baby; 04-07-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    U.S. ARMY (Retired)
    I love to hunt and fish and most of all spending time with my family after I get home from hunting and fishing.

Founder of the Wichita Mountain Waterfowlers established 2012.

Member #
    Liked
    1384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    When my first daughter got close to moving out age I started thinking about how the other would be right behind her in a few years. Something about everyone9ving didnt set right with me so I talked to the wife and we started fostering. Now we have adopted 2 little ones. Brought one home from the hospital at 3 days old and his sister came a year later at 4 days old. They are one and two now so we are starting over. Just wasnt ready to face all that quietness. Maybe I'll be ready in another 18 or 20 years.
    Good on you guys for opening up you home to the new lil ones!
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Congratulations on the empty nest!!!
    We could/should be empty nesters, but when our boys were 11 and 13, my wife got the baby bug again (really wanted a girl). Being the good husband I am, I caved and gave it my best “shot”, and our daughter is 14 now and a freshman in high school. We’ve still got at least 3 more years with her, and I’ll be honest and say I’m kind of dreading her leaving. It didn’t really bother me when the boys moved out, but it’s going to be radically different with my girl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast