People making money off of technology and the virus

This is a discussion on People making money off of technology and the virus within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Never doubt the ability of the capitalist members of our society to find a way around this shut down and I applaud them. There are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: People making money off of technology and the virus

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times

Never doubt the ability of the capitalist members of our society to find a way around this shut down and I applaud them.

There are programs on TV (this isn't new but hasn't been around for a long time) for online workout videos, cooking from home and other services available via the internet during this forced crisis. They are really cooking from home and it's interesting to watch the news babes blond root lines grow darker by the day.

The delivery services are doing well for grocers, and other businesses to bring meals to our doors if needed, and so on.

Oklahoma has allowed liquor stores to make home delivery with payment at the point of sale. Wonders will never cease!

Anybody doing grocery store pickup or anything like that?

I know some store were doing that before the crisis , but are you taking advantage of that?
    retrieverman likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    276 times
    My wife is doing the grocery store pickup. I'm old school I still go into the store and get my own. I like to watch all the scared people wearing masks that are afraid to touch anything or get within several feet of anyone else. Wish I could get locked down. I have a million projects I could be doing. Unfortunately there is work to do and bills to pay.

Member #
    Liked
    1384 times
    I did the grocery online order and pick up once. There was a 24 hr wait for the pick up and now it's up to 4 days. So I'm the canary in the coal mine for my wife and both our mothers on the grocery shopping. A lot of the stores are limiting the number of customers at a time in the store and saw where on store in Shawnee is taking your temp before you enter. What makes me kind of giggle is the folks who wear a mask, but you can tell it bugs the heck out of them, so they drop it down over their chin. Guess it's the thought that counts, eh?
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    We were going to try the Walmart grocery service.
    Filled our virtual cart and tried to set a pickup time. They only allow scheduling two weeks ahead. Every minute of every day for the next two weeks are spoken for.
    retrieverman likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I don't need much. I don't do the pick up or delivery because when I need groceries I need a few items. I go to Walmart get what I need and get out. It is getting to be to much of a hassle anymore.
    kwaynem, retrieverman and jacinda like this.
    U.S. ARMY (Retired)
    I love to hunt and fish and most of all spending time with my family after I get home from hunting and fishing.

Founder of the Wichita Mountain Waterfowlers established 2012.

Member #
    Liked
    1504 times
    The wife scored a pick up spot at the Wal-Mart in Derby Kansas on the first try after giving up on Ponca and Bartlesville.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    kwaynem and retrieverman like this.

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    If I need to pick up something from the grocery store I go to Krogers. I haven’t been inside the local WalMart in over 4 years. My wife does the WalMart grocery pick up thing, and every dang time, they screw something up. I don’t know how they do in y’all’s neck of the woods, but good luck if you try it.
    baby and dennishoddy like this.

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by baby View Post
    I don't need much. I don't do the pick up or delivery because when I need groceries I need a few items. I go to Walmart get what I need and get out. It is getting to be to much of a hassle anymore.
    nice.

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by retrieverman View Post
    If I need to pick up something from the grocery store I go to Krogers. I haven’t been inside the local WalMart in over 4 years. My wife does the WalMart grocery pick up thing, and every dang time, they screw something up. I don’t know how they do in y’all’s neck of the woods, but good luck if you try it.
    We've never done the pickup thing before, just thought we would try it and it didn't work out so well for us.
    I have a feeling that outside pickup of groceries and other Items may become the new normal.
    I see the Kum and Go convenience stores are returning to full service at the gas pumps in Ok and 10 other states according to a banner that went across the TV screen. Stay in your vehicle and they will pump gas for you.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    We've never done the pickup thing before, just thought we would try it and it didn't work out so well for us.
    I have a feeling that outside pickup of groceries and other Items may become the new normal.
    I see the Kum and Go convenience stores are returning to full service at the gas pumps in Ok and 10 other states according to a banner that went across the TV screen. Stay in your vehicle and they will pump gas for you.
    Wow, what a concept! Someone actually pumps gas into your car?????? Next thing you know, someone will invent a little rubber hose that'll make a bell ring when you drive over it!!! But really, I guess that does alleviate the fear of germs on the gas pump. I think New Jersey and one other state, it's illegal to pump your own gas.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast