Finished burning.....I hope.

This is a discussion on Finished burning.....I hope. within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Been 3 weeks since we started burning and I'm hoping today finishes the season. We got all of our burning done at the ranch a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Finished burning.....I hope.

Member #
    Liked
    1504 times

Been 3 weeks since we started burning and I'm hoping today finishes the season. We got all of our burning done at the ranch a few days ago and been helping neighbors finish theirs. Between playing the crazy weather, wind convergences, tearing up trucks, fixing trucks, neighbors who decide to burn that call and say "can you be here in 15 minutes and mud it's been an intersting.seasib season. I'm ready to wash and service the trucks and park them in the barn and watch the green grass grow.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    Been 3 weeks since we started burning and I'm hoping today finishes the season. We got all of our burning done at the ranch a few days ago and been helping neighbors finish theirs. Between playing the crazy weather, wind convergences, tearing up trucks, fixing trucks, neighbors who decide to burn that call and say "can you be here in 15 minutes and mud it's been an intersting.seasib season. I'm ready to wash and service the trucks and park them in the barn and watch the green grass grow.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    That hat looks familiar. I followed some cowboys moving about 20 head of cows down Apperson road a couple weeks ago. Guy riding horseback behind the herd had a hat just like that.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    I helped the land owner burn off the property where I hunt a few days ago. I always enjoy driving my side x side over the area looking for sheds. They sure shine in the burnt ground. Armadillos do as well.
    dennishoddy likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1014 times
    We burned a little over 5200a north of you in KS last week. Good to get out, look for sheds and shrooms too.
    dennishoddy and kwaynem like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    That hat looks familiar. I followed some cowboys moving about 20 head of cows down Apperson road a couple weeks ago. Guy riding horseback behind the herd had a hat just like that.
    You don’t miss much or forget what you see do you. Joseph Miller is his name he works for a guy who has land on both sides of Apperson road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    You don’t miss much or forget what you see do you. Joseph Miller is his name he works for a guy who has land on both sides of Apperson road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They put them in the field 2 mi south of the highway on the east where the pens are. He had his lariat out practicing throwing at heels. I just followed along remembering the days when I was doing what he was doing. Didn't mind the delay at all.
    kwaynem likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1134 times
    I sat in the highway on mullendoors a few years ago for about 30 minutes waiting on them to move some when they were done katsy rode up to the truck and thanked me and said most people would just bitch and drive on through I laughed and so no problem at all I know what it’s like for knit heads to make things worse
    dennishoddy and okbob like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    is there a website where you can find Oklahoma locations that were burned last year or the year before. In my last state they mapped where burns occurred over the last 20 years. very helpful for hunting.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    348 times
    never heard of that

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast