How’s do you quarantine? - Page 3

How’s do you quarantine?

This is a discussion on How’s do you quarantine? within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Back to the original post; Great job on reaching out! Getting into long-range shooting is what got me back into the gun hobby. I cut ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: How’s do you quarantine?

  1. #21
    Scout
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    52
    Member #
    5996
    Liked
    103 times
    Back to the original post; Great job on reaching out! Getting into long-range shooting is what got me back into the gun hobby. I cut my teeth shooting 1,000 yard matches in the Corps, but never really got into it during my off time. A few years later and the precision rifle game bug took ahold of me. I've actually never shot a PRS match, but the Good Lord has blessed me with having enough land here to have several impromptu ranges in excess of 800 yards. My favorite rifle to plink at range with is actually an M24 Return that I picked up a few years ago. It is not as accurate as some of the true precision rigs, but there is just something fun about ranging and dialing quickly.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Guide
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    772
    Member #
    5428
    Liked
    348 times
    I have never tried the long shots, seems fun just never tried. My entire life i have never hunted anywhere with a lot of shots over 75yds. I did however take a doe at 200yds once with my BP amazed myself and still bring it up when im around my cousins

  4. #23
    Super Moderator Bullbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rawlins, WY
    Posts
    9,824
    Member #
    88
    Liked
    2344 times
    Dennis these are a couple pics from those fish I pulled from the belly of the beast trout.

    Name:  B1D6C212-0674-4E8D-80E1-B91112B18087.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  1.57 MB
    Name:  6891F431-3F65-4843-AA49-C13FAE770DC2.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  1.46 MB
    Name:  507F63D2-E6E5-4159-8807-869222C0E6D9.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  1.40 MB
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

  5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    Administrator dennishoddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ponca city OK
    Posts
    12,725
    Member #
    3
    Liked
    3168 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hademarqvce View Post
    I work from home, I miss fishing. My neighbors were fined for fishing .. so I'm waiting for official permission for this.
    That sucks. I’m looking forward to the after action reports that will determine if total lockdowns were necessary.
    Oklahoma and 8 other states only recommends staying at home but it’s not a requirement.
    Our fatality rate is no worse than states with total lock down.
    Sweden kept everything open. Restaurants, hair salons etc. life went on as normal. They had people die, but it wasn’t any more percentage than the states in the US that didn’t have mandatory lockdowns.
    I’m beginning to think there are deeper issues politically than we realize now.
    The original projection was 2 million deaths.
    The people putting out these projections keep trending them down, but the “control” group in the after action report won’t show anything near that.
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

  7. #25
    Administrator dennishoddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ponca city OK
    Posts
    12,725
    Member #
    3
    Liked
    3168 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    Dennis these are a couple pics from those fish I pulled from the belly of the beast trout.

    Name:  B1D6C212-0674-4E8D-80E1-B91112B18087.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  1.57 MB
    Name:  6891F431-3F65-4843-AA49-C13FAE770DC2.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  1.46 MB
    Name:  507F63D2-E6E5-4159-8807-869222C0E6D9.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  1.40 MB
    This is a pic of baby paddlefish. They don't develop the Rostrum(paddle nose) until later in life.


    Name:  paddlefish.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  8.4 KB
    Identical to the fish you reported.
    Bullbuster likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

  8. #26
    Master Hunter murphranch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    grainola Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,043
    Member #
    713
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    That sucks. I’m looking forward to the after action reports that will determine if total lockdowns were necessary.
    Oklahoma and 8 other states only recommends staying at home but it’s not a requirement.
    Our fatality rate is no worse than states with total lock down.
    Sweden kept everything open. Restaurants, hair salons etc. life went on as normal. They had people die, but it wasn’t any more percentage than the states in the US that didn’t have mandatory lockdowns.
    I’m beginning to think there are deeper issues politically than we realize now.
    The original projection was 2 million deaths.
    The people putting out these projections keep trending them down, but the “control” group in the after action report won’t show anything near that.
    I think they need to open everything back up, put everyone back to work and let the thinning of the herd begin. My thinking is it’s a lot like when the rabbit population gets high for several years and then all of a sudden they get some sort of ick and have a die off only to repopulate with a stronger and healthier population. We are all beasts in the eyes of the Lord. I know it is a different way of looking at things but the way I see it is it’s natures way.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #27
    Hiker
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    15
    Member #
    5962
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    I think they need to open everything back up, put everyone back to work and let the thinning of the herd begin. My thinking is it’s a lot like when the rabbit population gets high for several years and then all of a sudden they get some sort of ick and have a die off only to repopulate with a stronger and healthier population. We are all beasts in the eyes of the Lord. I know it is a different way of looking at things but the way I see it is it’s natures way.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I am not sure you are wrong at all. There are too many people. Problem is, nobody wants to be part of the group that gets thinned out. For some strange reason, they don't want to die, or to suffer before dying.

    However, the rabbit population never really grows back stronger and healthier. If that was really the case, we would have super rabbits by now. They go through a lot of population explosions and crashes.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

  10. #28
    Administrator dennishoddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ponca city OK
    Posts
    12,725
    Member #
    3
    Liked
    3168 times
    I stole this from another Source

    Food for thought.

    I was reading some posts for and against reopening the country. One was talking about being selfish and it got me to thinking.

    There are those wanting to reopen yet they’re being classified as selfish. There are those that rely on all kinds of people to supply them while they cower in fear at home. Isn’t that being selfish too?

    You expect your garbage to be picked up, you expect the grocery store to be open so you can get milk, you expect truck drivers to supply the stores, you expect farmers, meatpackers, fruit and vegetable pickers all to keep food in that grocery store.

    You expect Amazon to still ship all the things you’re ordering while you sit at home shopping. You expect the delivery driver to leave it on your doorstep. You expect your phone to work, your power to stay on, and your mail to show up rain, sleet, or shine. And most important, you expect the doctors and nurses to be there if you need them although many of them across the country have been furloughed because their units and services have been shut down while the entire system focuses only on COVID19.

    The whole premise of shelter in place is based on the arrogant idea that others must risk their health so you can protect yours. There is nothing virtuous about ignoring the largely invisible army required to allow people to shelter in place.

    I know there are some of you that are screaming mad about what I just said but stop and really think about what is allowing you to stay safe in your home.
    I truly believe that with some common sense on my part, I could easily go back to life as it was. I want to go to restaurants, I want to shop at the little store just up the road.

    And yes, I could catch COVID-19. I could also catch the flu or a cold. I could get run over by a bus. I could get struck by lightning. We take risks everyday. If you choose to stay home, that is absolutely your choice. And please don’t start screaming at me about how I’ll just spread it. Why are you worried
    Bird (this time) likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

  11. #29
    Master Hunter murphranch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    grainola Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,043
    Member #
    713
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    I am not sure you are wrong at all. There are too many people. Problem is, nobody wants to be part of the group that gets thinned out. For some strange reason, they don't want to die, or to suffer before dying.

    However, the rabbit population never really grows back stronger and healthier. If that was really the case, we would have super rabbits by now. They go through a lot of population explosions and crashes.
    Completely understand that view.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #30
    Master Hunter Bird (this time)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Out In The Woods Near Tecumseh
    Posts
    4,819
    Member #
    8
    Liked
    1384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    That sucks. I’m looking forward to the after action reports that will determine if total lockdowns were necessary.
    Oklahoma and 8 other states only recommends staying at home but it’s not a requirement.
    Our fatality rate is no worse than states with total lock down.
    Sweden kept everything open. Restaurants, hair salons etc. life went on as normal. They had people die, but it wasn’t any more percentage than the states in the US that didn’t have mandatory lockdowns.
    I’m beginning to think there are deeper issues politically than we realize now.
    The original projection was 2 million deaths.
    The people putting out these projections keep trending them down, but the “control” group in the after action report won’t show anything near that.
    And the biggest problem is we'll never know how many actual cases there really were. Without the testing being done properly, there is only a WAG as to what the percentages of how many, how many survived and how many died.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

    Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •