How’s do you quarantine?

How’s do you quarantine?

This is a discussion on How’s do you quarantine? within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; My boys and I took a couple pew pews out for some quarantine time today. I’m happy to say both my boys set PRs today. ...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: How’s do you quarantine?

Member #
    Liked
    2344 times

How’s do you quarantine?

My boys and I took a couple pew pews out for some quarantine time today. I’m happy to say both my boys set PRs today. My oldest hit at 870y while my youngest crossed the 500y barrier. After popping some clays and balloons at 200y we started ranging boulders out along the cliff line. Boys really had fun with that. Weather was perfect out today.
    Name:  A1F0A0A2-2459-4AF6-8C35-B7D184422262.jpeg
Views: 32
Size:  3.90 MB
    Name:  A2BD0F7C-B003-42B4-B926-1AB9A885651F.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  3.69 MB
    Name:  10EA5D9D-9AD9-4EE7-BDB8-C0FEAB6B569D.jpeg
Views: 32
Size:  2.96 MB
    Name:  CABD8FC0-B17F-4B08-855D-B80CABF1D731.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  2.72 MB
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3168 times
    Awesome! You guys have all that BLM land out there to shoot at whatever ranges you want to. That long range shooting is addictive.

I'm going to quarantine next week at the range shooting clays. We have a quarter cock thrower out there but a friend bought a 12V thrower and it was breaking the clay in the stack before it could drop into the pan before throwing.
    Just a matter of some tension adjustments and alignments on the thrower. It's throwing perfectly now so I'm going to "borrow" it.
    I fell into a deal for 8 cases of 16 ga shotshells, so the Sweet 16 is going to get a workout.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2344 times
    Those electric throws can be finicky for sure. Have fun with that 16. We played with the 7mm mag, 30-06 and .308. Probably take the scatter guns next time. It is nice having thousands of acres of BLM to play on. We sit right in the middle of the checkerboard.
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1384 times
    Nice quarantine action. I bet that was some loud shooting from the back of the truck.
    dennishoddy likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    348 times
    Gollybum i was thinking the samething. Hope ear plugs were used

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I been watching turkeys not wanting to come into range and missed one twice because of my VA issues glasses. But getting out in the timber is better than sitting at home.
    U.S. ARMY (Retired)
    I love to hunt and fish and most of all spending time with my family after I get home from hunting and fishing.

Founder of the Wichita Mountain Waterfowlers established 2012.

Member #
    Liked
    1384 times
    I spoke with a lady that works at a bank inside of the Shawnee WalMart. She said the day the stimulus checks arrived, it was like Black Friday. People were fighting over TV's and other "essential" things. No masks, no social distancing, just greedy crazy people.
    kwaynem likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    2344 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird (this time) View Post
    Nice quarantine action. I bet that was some loud shooting from the back of the truck.
    Not at all. The muzzle was outside the bed box so it dispersed just fine. I won’t let the kids shoot without eyes and ears. My hearing, especially my left ear, are messed as a result of no ears. Not just from gun fire but from aircraft engine noise. I have constant ringing in my left ear and have for some time now. When this house arrest stuff is over I need to get it all checked out by the VA.
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3168 times
    I quarantined at the farm today. Buddy went with me wanting to fish the river while I worked on a tractor. He did well. 14.67 lb male striper.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    348 times
    What river?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast