Mineral licks - Page 2

Mineral licks

This is a discussion on Mineral licks within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Originally Posted by BobbyV I need to give this a shot . . . just to test the waters so to speak. Knowing my luck ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Mineral licks

Member #
    Liked
    710 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyV View Post
    I need to give this a shot . . . just to test the waters so to speak.

Knowing my luck it'll just bring in the hogs . . .
    Yeah, I've seen hogs turn an apple block into powder after one night...glad it wasn't my money down the drain.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    279 times
    Here are my most recent mineral site visitors
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    kwaynem likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3272 times
    There are some really nice bucks there!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Do the sprinkles on donuts count as a mineral to be licked? I’ve got almost 300 pounds of donuts in the freezer and some with sprinkles for the bears to lick.
    dennishoddy and kwaynem like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    1562 times

Mineral licks

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyV View Post
    I need to give this a shot . . . just to test the waters so to speak.

Knowing my luck it'll just bring in the hogs . . .
    We have some country down around the little town of Avant. It is rougher than the hubs of Hell, we have some cows on it that I would call “low maintenance “. It’s too far from our main ranch to drive down there and feed every day so we started putting out the protein blocks. I think the weigh around 150# and in a normal situation they will last awhile. My brother put them out down there one day last winter and I happened to be going to Tulsa 3 days later and stopped by just check the cows. The protein tubs were gone. I found the round bottom of one of the plastic tubs they come in and that was it. Damn hogs found them and went into all you can eat smorgasbord mode plastic and all. They did well on that 33% molasses mix. Brother ended up killing a few large ones. I’ll try to find the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    We have some country down around the little town of Avant. It is rougher than the hubs of Hell, we have some cows on it that I would call “low maintenance “. It’s too far from our main ranch to drive down there and feed every day so we started putting out the protein blocks. I think the weigh around 150# and in a normal situation they will last awhile. My brother put them out down there one day last winter and I happened to be going to Tulsa 3 days later and stopped by just check the cows. The protein tubs were gone. I found the round bottom of one of the plastic tubs they come in and that was it. Damn hogs found them and went into all you can eat smorgasbord mode plastic and all. They did well on that 33% molasses mix. Brother ended up killing a few large ones. I’ll try to find the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
    dennishoddy and Bullbuster like this.

Member #
    Liked
    279 times
    I had went last friday up north to pull cameras and do some work and I hadn't been at it too long and got really sick really fast. Only got one of my cameras checked over my mineral site. Anyway got home and kept getting worse. By Saturday I had quarantined from my family. Talked my self in to getting a covid test Sunday because I felt like shit and figured it could only be that. Came back positive. It has been a miserable week so far. It's like a really bad flu. At least for me anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    I had went last friday up north to pull cameras and do some work and I hadn't been at it too long and got really sick really fast. Only got one of my cameras checked over my mineral site. Anyway got home and kept getting worse. By Saturday I had quarantined from my family. Talked my self in to getting a covid test Sunday because I felt like shit and figured it could only be that. Came back positive. It has been a miserable week so far. It's like a really bad flu. At least for me anyway.
    Damn. That's definetly not good. Hope the best for you!

Member #
    Liked
    3272 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post

Those are some hogs!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Member #
    Liked
    3272 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    That sucks. Hoping for a fast recovery. How long did it take to get the results of your covid test?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast