Mineral licks - Page 3

Mineral licks

This is a discussion on Mineral licks within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; I drive past Avant twice a day...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Mineral licks

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1178 times
    I drive past Avant twice a day

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaynem View Post
    I drive past Avant twice a day
    You probably know what I mean when I call it the Hubs of Hell. Government bought all of our land to put in the Candy Creek reservoir and never went through with the project. Then they offered the original landowners the first right to but it back for pennies on the dollar. After buying the cheapest land that We ever bought it did nothing but cost us money for the next 10 years. All the fences had to be replaced, took lots of brush, tree and weed management. Not only pasture weeds but pot weeds. Had a couple of Mexican gentleman squatting down in the bottom of Candy Creek growing pot. They had a big tent with a wooden cable spool sitting in the middle of it with a window unit A/C on top with an extension cord running to a little Honda generator about 250 feet away. That was some funny [email protected]#t to see. Don’t know if they ever did catch them. Last time someone saw them they were running west across the road towards some of Raspberry country or the Johnson Brothers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Nice bucks and praying for a quick recovery for you!
    Murph those are some big dang pigs good grief!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    What happend to the Mexican farmers you think? What were you thinking when you walkex up on that setup?

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by murphranch View Post
    You probably know what I mean when I call it the Hubs of Hell. Government bought all of our land to put in the Candy Creek reservoir and never went through with the project. Then they offered the original landowners the first right to but it back for pennies on the dollar. After buying the cheapest land that We ever bought it did nothing but cost us money for the next 10 years. All the fences had to be replaced, took lots of brush, tree and weed management. Not only pasture weeds but pot weeds. Had a couple of Mexican gentleman squatting down in the bottom of Candy Creek growing pot. They had a big tent with a wooden cable spool sitting in the middle of it with a window unit A/C on top with an extension cord running to a little Honda generator about 250 feet away. That was some funny [email protected]#t to see. Don’t know if they ever did catch them. Last time someone saw them they were running west across the road towards some of Raspberry country or the Johnson Brothers.

Myself and my brother in law’s hunted Rasberry’s next to that government we had a lot of Mexican hunters come over on us that we run off there are a lot of arrowheads in those hayfields it use to be planted in beans and wheat

Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    What happend to the Mexican farmers you think? What were you thinking when you walkex up on that setup?
    I rode up on it horseback. No one was there and after seeing how much pot they had growing I was thinking booby trap or trip wires. Then for a brief moment thoughts of taking it all, selling it, identity change with some plastic surgery, opening up a Swiss bank account and vanishing off the face of the earth crossed my mind, but only for a brief moment. Called the sheriff and left it at that. They ended up spooking them and they took off on foot through the blackjacks, sandstones and copperheads. I’m not sure if they ever did catch them. I promise you if I had to decide whether to run through that rough country or surrender the choice would be easy. I’d wearing soap on a rope from that day forward.

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Hahaha rough stuff huh
    Hate that folks want to treszpass so much. What would the mexican hunters do you ran off kwaynem?
    I had a homeless guy set up a tent in my woods two years ago this is in the middle of nowhere dont know how he ever got back there or why he picked my woods he had old fence stretxhed out bout 8in off the ground in places. Found where he hid his bike and i relocated it (not stealing) never caught him in person seemed like he always left just before i got there. Went on for about a week then he was gone and so were my days of going in those woods without a bang stick

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Why didnt they follow through with the resevoir?

Member #
    Liked
    1562 times

Mineral licks

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    Why didnt they follow through with the resevoir?
    I can’t remember exactly why. Kwaynem do you remember the reason? It was to help stop the Skiatook flooding and probably would’ve worked.

Member #
    Liked
    3272 times
    I think there was a big dispute over the oil wells and pipelines in the area. Tribe didn’t want to loose the oil revenue and sued.
    If I remember right, the tribe prevailed in court and the project was dropped.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast