Stupidity on Hunting Shows - Page 2

Stupidity on Hunting Shows

This is a discussion on Stupidity on Hunting Shows within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Growing deer tv is a great program it is worth checking out. Great God loving people that have morals and strong family values. Check it ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Stupidity on Hunting Shows

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    Growing deer tv is a great program it is worth checking out. Great God loving people that have morals and strong family values. Check it out on YouTube and let me know what y'all think.
    Keep in mind the title is growing deer not hey let's shoot something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    746 times
    I quit watching hunting shows a long time ago. Too much marketing.

I've actually regressed in my hunting techniques, I've gone well away from the "latest greatest" fill in the blank. I'm using an old stick and string and ambushing deer like has been done for ever. I've sold off or donated a bunch of camo, calls and scents. I'm seriously contemplating selling my compound bow. Already gave my crossbow to my dad.
    kwaynem likes this.

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    What kind of bow do you have?

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    746 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Sits In The Woods View Post
    What kind of bow do you have?
    You talking about the compound? It's a Diamond Razor Edge set at 60# @ 28" draw. I'd probably sell everything I have for it including hard case, a few dozen arrows, few dozen field points, and few dozen broadheads.

None of the arrows or broadheads are compatible with my traditional setups. I don't have a price on everything yet, seriously considering letting it go.

Member #
    Liked
    591 times
    You know all those gadgets and scents that they use is a big joke to me. I don't mind trail cameras, tree stands and blinds but if you can't hunt old school then something is wrong. I even put my cell phone on vibrate. I carry it only in case I need for it emergencies and to take pictures.
    Bullbuster likes this.
    U.S. ARMY (Retired)
    I love to hunt and fish and most of all spending time with my family after I get home from hunting and fishing.

Founder of the Wichita Mountain Waterfowlers established 2012.

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    Archer22 sounds like your just ready to get back to the basics.
    Nothing wrong with that!
    Sometimes it can make it more enjoyable when you get back to the basics.

Member #
    Liked
    310 times
    Only one worth watching is the Motor City Madman himself Mr. Ted Nugent. That ones about as real as it gets plus he is a patriotic American with a love for God, guns, country and our way of life.
    kwaynem likes this.

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I have been watching semi-pro hunting show on Youtube, anything shorter the 15 minute qualifies. Especially hunting region 7 in New Mexico. You know they go to New Mexico get out and wander the hills for 4 days see lots of ordinary bulls and not everybody kills an animal. Nobody goes back to camp until the animal is found. Lots of good size 5 and 6 points killed

Hunting Shows on TV and a lot gun magazine articles are nothing but glorified press releases. Info-mercials if you will.
    Last edited by TheDoubleD; 09-12-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    kwaynem likes this.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Man, I had a buddy send me a link to a female hunter on YouTube...I don't remember her first name, but her last is 'Maus'. Please forgive my lack of leeway, but it was a 20 minute video of a ditzy girl trying to act cute and kill stuff at the same time. This particular video had her in a truck with some guys trying to shoot hogs with a thermal. Accuracy was abysmal, knowledge of what they were doing was abysmal, and any typical safety precautions (like scanning around the area for safety concerns) was left out completely. I'm not sure if they ever recovered any hogs that she/they shot (usually one poor hit on a stationary target followed by 15 misses).

But dammit, she was cute (sarcasm). 20K subscribers too...that tells me that there are 20K leg-humpers out there.

Maybe its because I'm over 40 and live way out in an environment where intellect is much more valuable than looks, but incompetence sprinkled with little giggles everywhere does nothing for me.

Member #
    Liked
    3395 times
    YouTube is full of 20 something female hunters and fishers. Usually in a tiny bikini that doesn’t cover much.
    BobbyV likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast