Stupidity on Hunting Shows

This is a discussion on Stupidity on Hunting Shows within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Watching some monster bucks. Can’t believe all the talking and noise they make, and the deer seem to be deaf. The deer I hunt would ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Stupidity on Hunting Shows

Member #
    Liked
    1101 times

Watching some monster bucks. Can’t believe all the talking and noise they make, and the deer seem to be deaf. The deer I hunt would be gone if they heard all that noise. This episode I’m watching the deer is literally standing still right below him. The hunter has to say “are u on him?” Then he replies “yeah”. Then the genius hunter has to do a doe bleats The deer was already standing still. But yet I see this constantly. A deer with head down feeding and unaware u are there and then some moron doe bleats at them, putting them on high alert. How freaking stupid. Pet peeve of mine. You don’t bleat at a deer that’s already stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    Gotta be hunting a huge property where hunting pressure is zero. They are hunting places that they pay tons of money to harvest a deer on. Not real life when you put it up against places where normal every day people hunt. Its all staged to make magic for TV and to sell products.
    kwaynem and dennishoddy like this.

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    479 times
    It's a 30min long commercial!
    I can blink in my stand and the deer will look at me. These people talk non stop and movelike crazy!
    Bird (this time) and kwaynem like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1567 times
    I've been 20ft up in a tree, leaves everywhere in the trees, perfectly still and a doe still spots me from 70yrds away. The shows have to use pen raised deer that are use to humans.
    kwaynem likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    1260 times
    I agree I just watch to see how big the deer is by fast forwarding to the end on YouTube lol

Member #
    Liked
    1101 times
    And another thing that pisses me off is when they say “ I made a great shot “. When you can clearly see it was a horrible shot or worse yet, a complete miss.

Bullbuster and Kicker like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3564 times
    I've just about given up on the infomercial hunting shows. Meat eater is the only one I watch seriously.
    The rest are walking commercials with selective editing to create drama.
    99% of the "are you on it", and "yeah" are done either before or after the actual kill and blended into the video.
    diggler1833 and Kicker like this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    3564 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    And another thing that pisses me off is when they say “ I made a great shot “. When you can clearly see it was a horrible shot or worse yet, a complete miss.

Exactly. I've seen more gut shot deer on those hunting shows than you would think.
    They always make this gallant statement that they are going to back out and look at the video before going back the next morning.
    When they go back out the deer is always just short of where they quit looking. Meat is probably spoiled, but they hold up the little 8 point and call it a trophy buck of a lifetime.
    LOL!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1101 times
    I’ve literally seen Tiffany lacosky completely miss a buck and then turn to the camera and say, “smoked him.” Or when they find em stiff as a board.

Member #
    Liked
    2735 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    I've just about given up on the infomercial hunting shows. Meat eater is the only one I watch seriously.
    The rest are walking commercials with selective editing to create drama.
    99% of the "are you on it", and "yeah" are done either before or after the actual kill and blended into the video.
    Aside from Meat Eater I also watch Randy Newburg. He does a lot of hunts here in WY and stay right here in Rawlins for a his antelope and late season elk hunts.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast