It was only a matter of time - Page 2

It was only a matter of time

This is a discussion on It was only a matter of time within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Originally Posted by Smokewagon Cram a dead critter in the back of that mini van. Then they will give u a truck Sent from my ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: It was only a matter of time

Member #
    Liked
    2842 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Cram a dead critter in the back of that mini van. Then they will give u a truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny you say that as the rental contract explicitly says no transporting of dead animals inside the vehicle lol. I laughed at the lady and she simply said this is Wyoming. However I could toss a big tarp in the back and fit a whole moose in that thing is so big. It’s a Dodge Grand Caravan and the biggest thing I could get with my current insurance rental package.
    kwaynem likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3677 times
    My guy at the body shop calls those bumper guards “force multipliers”.
    They cause damage where damage shouldn’t occur. He said the body shops love seeing them come in as they make a lot more money and don’t really protect the vehicle.
    Bullbuster and kwaynem like this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2842 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    My guy at the body shop calls those bumper guards “force multipliers”.
    They cause damage where damage shouldn’t occur. He said the body shops love seeing them come in as they make a lot more money and don’t really protect the vehicle.
    That is good to know as well. You see a lot of trucks around here with the diamond plate bumpers and brush guards. The road south outta town I travel a lot, I seen probably 30 dead cows this year along its side. That area is open range, the roads are charcoal black and so are all the cows and calves. They stand along the road like ghosts in the night. I’ve had at least a dozen close calls myself with them.
    The one thing that shocks me is the airbags didn’t deploy. Even with the bumper being pushed in a good 4” on the drivers side.
    kwaynem and Bird (this time) like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I'm just glad your son and his friend are OK. You can always get another truck. I hope you manage to salvage some of your season!
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2842 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC458 View Post
    I'm just glad your son and his friend are OK. You can always get another truck. I hope you manage to salvage some of your season!
    I know a guy that’s gonna loan me his Jeep so we can give it a shot this weekend. Expecting several inches of snow so I want a 4wd. Season ends the 31st and after that I think we will do some waterfowl.

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Black cows on the road at night-look for the black hole in the black road on the dark night. That is exactly what you a see is a black hole. Then there are the night time snowstorms, sudden you see black and feel relieved to see the road again, till it goes thump.

The thing about hitting a cow during open range season is you bought it.

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Glad everyone is safe.

I was driving home from a trip to Phoenix 25 years ago when we lived on the Navajo reservation and topped a hill and saw nothing but eyes. I just knew I was toast and was about to hit a bunch of cows. Thankfully they parted like the Red Sea and all was well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bullbuster likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglemia View Post
    I'm glad no one got hurt as riding near forests can really be a disaster! I once hit a bit white back as a truck driver, and it still managed to mess up my truck leaving my employer blaming it on me! As much as I like to avoid mistakes n the reoad some times these kind of situations are unavoidable. The only companies that will aways understand you and work with that provide an in depth job description that allows you to understnad the real requirements of your new job are the ones that can make you can realize how important it is to be stress free and have trust in the system of your coompany to succeed and thrive as an employee,

Oh wow! That must have sucked and on top of that pay for your damages. I'm glad you found a good employer after all.

Member #
    Liked
    2842 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileten View Post
    Oh wow! That must have sucked and on top of that pay for your damages. I'm glad you found a good employer after all.
    Will also need to find a new forum as well. We don’t allow spam posts on this forum. Eaglemia has now
    been banned and all posts deleted.

Given this is also your first post on this forum I’d like to welcome you to OKH and also ask you make a new member introduction post telling us a bit about yourself.
    dennishoddy and kwaynem like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2842 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileten View Post
    And you are gone as well....

Public Service Announcement in that we reference check IP address and if your IP matches that of 2 other recently banned spam accounts you too will be banned no questions asked!
    kwaynem likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast