COVID Vaccine Almost Ready - Page 2

COVID Vaccine Almost Ready

This is a discussion on COVID Vaccine Almost Ready within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; I would venture a guess and say with my job i will be one of the first to be offered it....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: COVID Vaccine Almost Ready

Member #
    Liked
    1102 times
    I would venture a guess and say with my job i will be one of the first to be offered it.
    Archer22 and Bird (this time) like this.
    MSGT. LEO/NRA/HHI/NAHC/BM/OLEFI/Firearms Instructor
    #1 ELK in the State of Oklahoma 2000-2016

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3567 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I would venture a guess and say with my job i will be one of the first to be offered it.
    Most likely. I think the pecking order is supposed to be Nursing homes, 1st responders, medical staff, elderly with comorbidities, elderly at age groups and then who knows.
    We may have a member that has knows more about it.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    769 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Most likely. I think the pecking order is supposed to be Nursing homes, 1st responders, medical staff, elderly with comorbidities, elderly at age groups and then who knows.
    We may have a member that has knows more about it.
    A copy of the Oklahoma vaccine plan available to the public. The distribution of the vaccine in phases starts on page 18. There is an expectation of a time between phases, possibly months.

https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov/si...ation_plan.pdf

Phase 1: nursing home/assisted living staff, public health staff (frontline testing/vaccine dist), healthcare workers with direct COVID patient care responsibilities, healthcare workers providing inpatient COVD care, nursing home/assisted living residents.

Phase 2: First responders, adults ages 65 or older, other healthcare workers, group homes/prisons/jails, manufacturing facilities, general public health staff.

Phase 3: teachers, students, administrative and educational staff, critical infrastructure personnel (essential industries)

Phase 4: All remaining OK residents.

PS- it is under construction and a dynamic document, the state will be constantly updating this as time goes on
    Last edited by Archer22; 11-16-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Wife is a RN at St. Anthony's. I'll see what she knows and update here if anything of merit. She has to take every immunization known to man so sure this one is coming soon. I guess a lot depends on how many vaccinations are made available. But, it's great news! Wish it had happened prior to the election.

Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    Not taking it. Had covid and got over it. No worse than the flu. I feel sorry for the people they send to my house to give it to me and the people who come look for those people. F**k the government. Look at the current situation our country is in. Its obvious that there are some evil people running the world. The elite have very sinister plans for our great land it doesn't include us riding along. They would've been done with their plan if Hilary had won in 16. You can look for another pandemic to follow this one. Covid was a test run so they could see how it worked
    Expect the next one to kill way more of us.

Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    My brother in law and his cousin, my golfing buddies, both have come down with Covid. The cousin had to be transported to a hospital in Arkansas and my B-I-L is still at home but getting worse. I haven't been around either in over 3 wks so I think I dodged a bullet.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Member #
    Liked
    2739 times
    I had my 9th COVID test (7th mandated) done this morning. Our state director said that when the vaccine comes out we will likely be mandated to get it. It’s already causing an uproar as our HR department said if our job requires it then we will be mandated to get it just like having to get tested and wear masks. Already had a few terminated for refusal to wear masks. If we refuse the vaccine then our jobs can be terminated. Our watch commander last night took an formal poll and some 50%+ of our shift said they wouldn’t get it. I think we had 43 officers on shift last night. We fully lock down and mandate OT with anything under 32 officers.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    Sounds like it's time to find another line of work Bull or roll up that sleeve and take your government poison.

Member #
    Liked
    2739 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith676 View Post
    Sounds like it's time to find another line of work Bull or roll up that sleeve and take your government poison.
    County Mounties hiring but I’m too damn old to go through another academy. We shall see what happens. I know I’m not wanting to move again.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    769 times
    What's interesting to me is, per ADA and EEOC: legally, an employer cannot require you to take a COVID test for your job. ADA and EEOC have already released statements on this earlier this year. That's like requiring you to take an HIV test for your job, same thing. I've already done the research and I've barked up the tree for the Commissioner of Labor in OK to release some statement. We have people showing up to our testing sites once a week, every week "for their jobs", unnecessarily and it is clogging up the queue for people who actually need testing.

That said, all employers in the US can require their employees to provide proof of vaccination or threaten termination.

Just to clarify, the context of which I am mentioning the COVID testing required by employers is blanket testing, where all employees are simply sent for or request to be tested with no medical basis or otherwise. I know of several employers who wanted to start "random" COVID testing of their staff, can't do that.
    Last edited by Archer22; 11-18-2020 at 08:13 AM.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast