COVID Vaccine Almost Ready

This is a discussion on COVID Vaccine Almost Ready within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Well, it's nearly here. The first round of vaccine is about a month away and the second round looks to be here before the year ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: COVID Vaccine Almost Ready

Member #
    Liked
    769 times

Well, it's nearly here. The first round of vaccine is about a month away and the second round looks to be here before the year is out. To satisfy my own selfish curiosity, who here is ready to go get in line to get a shot?

The first two vaccines require two doses, 21 and 28 days apart, boasting over 90% effectiveness. Granted, there is tiered approach to who can get it and when, but when you qualify to receive it, are you willing? National polls show roughly 34% of Americans are prepared to get vaccinated, who here is on board? Your thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2739 times
    In situations such as this I like to use a certain old saying that’s near and dear to me and that is “they can kiss my grits” if they think I’m getting this vaccine. I’ve had enough experimental shots and stuff over the years from the military, some of which I had serious side effects from and even hospitalized. I don’t believe I’ve gotten a flu shot since I retired. We have had over 200 positive cases between staff and inmates at work and that number is increasing. I’ve had direct contact with positive cases over a dozen times. I just had my 8th negative test as well. I’ll continue on doing things as I have been and I’ll let someone else have my dose.
    baby and Archer22 like this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    621 times
    I will not take the vaccine for I too am like Bull. I have been poked and prodded too many times myself in military. I think after all those vaccinations I am ammune to everything.
    Bullbuster and Archer22 like this.
    U.S. ARMY (Retired)
    I love to hunt and fish and most of all spending time with my family after I get home from hunting and fishing.

Founder of the Wichita Mountain Waterfowlers established 2012.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    769 times
    Since I asked the question, I'll go ahead and voice my position. I plan to decline the vaccine, at least initially. I don't trust the science. Leaded paint and asbestos was a good idea too, let alone a rushed and poorly researched vaccine.

If they can establish a track record, good results in both efficiency and safety, say 6-12months worth, I'll start thinking about getting the vaccine.

My brother is severely brain damaged as a result of an allergic reaction to his pertussis shot a child and our family physician urged my parents to not have me vaccinated in case I too had the same reaction. I've had to get physician waivers my entire life to go to school and college because I never got meningitis vaccine or a lot of the others you're supposed to have. Now technically, my job may require me to get it and if they do, I'll have to think really long and hard about it before I render my decision.
    baby likes this.

Tracker
    Member #
    Liked
    454 times
    On a side note the Covid is changing almost daily. I looked at being free of high temperature as a good sign. I talked to two friends yesterday and they and their wives have tested positive. One said he takes his temperature twice a day and he was 97.8 as a highest. Only thing common now is loose your sense of smell and taste for a while. Runny nose and a cough they also share with fatigue doing simple tasks. None o the 4 had any Temperature at all.
    Archer22 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3567 times
    During the human testing, zero people have had bad results. Zero have died.
    In two of the human tests by different labs, the testing was stopped because one person in each test came up with complications. It was determined the two people that developed complications that had issues while taking the vaccine was not related to the vaccine and the testing was allowed to proceed by the FDA.

I’m in the age group that is most at risk and have a son that is disabled in a wheelchair. He is at major risk.
    My original thinking was that there are 75 million Biden voters that need to take it before I do but looking at the test results I’ve mellowed and looked at the risk factors for my age group.
    I’ll take it when available.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I'll try not to be too political here...but we are talking about a vaccine that is for an illness with (aside from the elderly...which have an additional health risk for every major illness) a extremely high recovery rate.

Wear your masks...shut your business down for just a while...report your neighbors for violations...take this (potentially mandatory) vaccine. Don't celebrate the holidays with your family in large groups...etc...

This is way more about control than an illness. Unfortunately many, many people will gladly exchange freedom for a sense of security.

I'm not one of those people. This is not an attack towards anyone on here either.
    Archer22 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3567 times
    The thing with a vaccine is that’s it’s voluntary. Some don’t take flu shots and that’s ok. They are voluntary as well.
    Government mandates about masks, and lockdowns are not voluntary and are an affront to our freedoms.
    The original countrywide lockdown did nothing to “flatten the curve”.
    It only wrecked our economy. Get ready for another lockdown in January.
    Archer22 likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

Scout
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I hope that the vaccinations stay voluntary.

Not an anti-vaxxer. My wife is a Veterinarian, and my mother was a Hemotologist with a background in micro-biology. 21 years in the Marines and I've been shot up with everything possible.

What I am is anti-government mandating what I do while they are pissing on me and telling me it's raining.

I did a tour in a small room in the basement of the Pentagon a few years ago...after being in that kind of environment...my trust in how big Gov operates was shattered. It's the main reason I moved to the country after I retired, and not into some cozy GS-14 job in the beltway.

I trust bulls more, and that ain't no bull.

Member #
    Liked
    3567 times
    I used to trust the government to do the right thing for the electorate until the internet came about and I found out how politically biased the media is and how the politicians are so corrupt.
    Archer22 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast