New hunter here - Page 2

New hunter here

This is a discussion on New hunter here within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Okbob, while I don't smoke or chew I am kind of like your dad..I've never spent one penny on scent blockers of any kind. The ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New hunter here

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Okbob, while I don't smoke or chew I am kind of like your dad..I've never spent one penny on scent blockers of any kind. The only camo I wear is some that someone has left at my house over the years and I really have no idea who left it..I do use a face net while bow hunting and that's about the only thing I do to not be detected by Mr. Bucky..I play the wind and try to be still..That's about it..sometimes it works and sometimes it don't..

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree with the guys above. The wind is definitely the most important thing to play. But I am of the mind that I will take all the help I can get. Usually about $10 in scent control will last me the entire season. Second, going along with scent is not over hunting your spot. Of course that is difficult on public land but you can definitely have success. It will take more work though. Hunt where hunters aren't Last year I hunted the Lexington WMA around 6 times and saw (Didn't have a chance to shoot) deer every time. The downside is that I hiked in more than a mile. I like to try and pick an ambush point on a east west trail so that I can hunt that spot with either a south or a north wind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12