Oklahoma to launch new public hunting/fishing lands program - Page 3

Oklahoma to launch new public hunting/fishing lands program

This is a discussion on Oklahoma to launch new public hunting/fishing lands program within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; I haven't heard either. Next time I run into a GW, I'll ask....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Oklahoma to launch new public hunting/fishing lands program

Member #
    Liked
    2297 times
    I haven't heard either. Next time I run into a GW, I'll ask.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1845 times
    I've not heard anything either. I think I will ask via FB what's going on.
    Bird (this time) likes this.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    951 times
    You and them got a lil thang goin' on there on FB!
    Bullbuster likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1845 times
    Well let's see what they have to say.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    837 times
    I bet it's crickets.

Member #
    Liked
    2297 times
    Quote Originally Posted by okbob View Post
    I bet it's crickets.
    Agree. I'll bet they didn't realize what it takes to get a system like that going to protect landowners from being sued if someone gets hurt. Every state has its own set of regulations on that.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1845 times
    You would think that they would look at what other states have in place and piece something together that would work here. Heck lots of the leg work has already been done in that aspect.

What was it 2 years ago when they implemented that hunter/ landowner hog program which turned out to be a joke. Let's hope this doesn't end up the same way.

Member #
    Liked
    837 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    You would think that they would look at what other states have in place and piece something together that would work here. Heck lots of the leg work has already been done in that aspect.

What was it 2 years ago when they implemented that hunter/ landowner hog program which turned out to be a joke. Let's hope this doesn't end up the same way.
    I can't tell you how many landowners I know who want ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any gov programs. They're fine with crop loss and 30-1 doe to buck ratios. Most are landowners in the 50-70 year old range, have suffered through the highs and lows of farming, live nearby, now have oil money, and want nothing to do with any kind of govt program. Especially if it means more people in the area.

More people mean:
    -trespassing(whether intentional or not) still has to be dealt with
    -trash, has to be picked up
    -more traffic and tearing up roads. I'd say 90% of the roads in Kay, Grant, Alfalfa, Woods, Woodward, Major, and Garfield counties are not passable within a couple of days at least after a good rain. Our roads are rarely graded, so when they do get torn up, the stay like for weeks some times. When someone gets stuck, who pulls them out? Landowners do.

I know I sound like a negative Nancy on this issue, but that's the reality of living up here. Landowners who allow hunting would rather see their family hunt, or friends of the family hunt, and not open up things like a public park to people they don't know.
    Bullbuster and kwaynem like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1845 times
    I fully understand that logic and point of view. It certainly does open things up for all sorts of hectic issues.

Member #
    Liked
    951 times
    Then if that is the majority consensus, they need to turn in the $2.26 mil.
    kwaynem likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast