Getting Ready for the Vegetable Garden - Page 2

Getting Ready for the Vegetable Garden

This is a discussion on Getting Ready for the Vegetable Garden within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; I always do real well with the little tomato plants from lowes or even Wal mart (they both sell Bonnie) they used to come in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Getting Ready for the Vegetable Garden

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I always do real well with the little tomato plants from lowes or even Wal mart (they both sell Bonnie) they used to come in packs of four but last year they were packs of six. I only plant Celebrities anymore, have tried most of the others several times and nothing grows big pretty maters like the Celebrity for me. I planted 16 last year. Put up 32 jars of Salsa and still probably gave away 200 tomatoes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    still dreaming about having a great garden

Member #
    Emmm, dude this post is already 5 years old. I guess you want that garden really hard, so you must be really desperate. Or you just trolling. However, i was just like you, i wanted a a garden and a big yard, as i lived in a flat my whole childhood, i wanted these things really bad. Since i moved to my own house, i got the garden and the yard. And the garden is my second love, the biggest hobbie for me. I already found out everything about best fertilizers, compost for your garden. I guess i could be professional gardner due to it.
    Last edited by Taylnia; 09-30-2020 at 12:06 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    769 times
    I just harvested about 40 peppers from my garden yesterday: chenzo, pepperoncini, jalapeno, and chili peppers. I had a great garden this year. Still have potatoes, beets, broccoli, and brussel sprouts in the garden, as well as garlic for next year.
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2739 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylnia View Post
    Emmm, dude this post is already 5 years old. I guess you want that garden really hard, so you must be really desperate. Or you just trolling.
    Since this was your 1st post, Welcome to OKH.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    3567 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer22 View Post
    I just harvested about 40 peppers from my garden yesterday: chenzo, pepperoncini, jalapeno, and chili peppers. I had a great garden this year. Still have potatoes, beets, broccoli, and brussel sprouts in the garden, as well as garlic for next year.
    Great garden! This is my first season in over 30 years I've not planted a garden. We have asparagus that comes up annually, but we are gone in the RV for 6 months out of the year so it doesn't make any point to plant one.
    One thing that has surpassed my expectations is the bunching onions we planted in a big flower pot. Never got a drop of water all summer and they are still thriving.
    Picked one tonight to put in some green beans.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    I dreamed of having a garden for a long time. This year I fulfilled my dream. I just wanted to say that and share my happiness. I grow tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, garlic, spinach, onions, and some more. This year was a productive one, so we got a good harvest.
    My question is, how do you keep vegetables fresh longer? I decided to freeze them, including leafy greens. I have found an interesting app where I put the vegetable, fruits, or whatever and I got the information if I can freeze it, how can I freeze or maybe not. Did you know that we can freeze espresso too? Even doest it sounds weird.
    Last edited by Andmeiyin; 11-23-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2739 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andmeiyin View Post
    I dream to have a garden for a long time. This year I accomplished my dream. I just wanted to say this and share my happiness.

You have any pictures of your garden?
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andmeiyin View Post
    I dream to have a garden for a long time. This year I accomplished my dream. I just wanted to say this and share my happiness.
    We all need a little happiness shared amongst us.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    479 times
    I would like seeing them. I'm always curious what folks are growing, please share.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast