It's twister time - Page 3

It's twister time

This is a discussion on It's twister time within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; I'm playing the mike morgan of KFOR drinking game tonight. Every year during storm season, he comes up with a new name, acronym, or something ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: It's twister time

Member #
    Liked
    2331 times
    I'm playing the mike morgan of KFOR drinking game tonight.
    Every year during storm season, he comes up with a new name, acronym, or something that he repeats time after time after time.
    This year its PDS (Particularly Dangerous Storm)
    Every time he says PDS, I have to take a drink.
    I got drunk and passed out in about 30 minutes. Woke up a bit ago, and the game is back on. 20 drinks in 20 minutes. He is averaging one a minute according to my rough calculations.
    Not really, but my God, these weather guys go insane.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1860 times
    PDS is being used on all the stations.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2331 times
    The National Weather Service comes up with this crap. I think somebody's brother in law got a job creating acronyms and stupid weather names.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    958 times
    I had "wrapped in rain" and I'm sober as a church mouse, dang it. Wife has "widespread high wind event" & she's toast!
    dennishoddy likes this.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    780 times
    I don't know what game were playing but my said if I don't shutup and quit guzzling my beer in going to wish a hail stone hitme in the bead I guess I don't know the rules and I'm not going by hers. CHEERS!!

Member #
    Liked
    2331 times
    I'll be up until this stuff is over. My wife won't let me go to bed until it passes. She freeks out when severe weather comes through. She was in a house as a kid that got destroyed in Lamont Ok.
    Just hooked up the Generator to the house via the welding outlet in the shop, and checked out the underground shelter earlier. Only one spider. Deceased.
    Bird (this time) likes this.

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    780 times
    Going by the house right now

Master Hunter
    Member #
    Liked
    780 times
    Just went south of the house about 5 miles looked like hard to tell everyone is good here

Member #
    Liked
    2331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaynem View Post
    Just went south of the house about 5 miles looked like hard to tell everyone is good here
    Good deal!

Member #
    Liked
    1860 times
    Just wind, rain, lightning and thunder that shakes the house left for us. Got some BB and pea size hail but briefly. Couple short lived and weak twisters up the road a few miles. About 20k in the metro without power. We are good at this point in time.

Hope everyone else stays safe through the remainder of the night.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast