What's your brand of trail camera? - Page 2

What's your brand of trail camera?

This is a discussion on What's your brand of trail camera? within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; Well I got my 2 new Stealth Cam PX12's today. They arrived nicely packaged and as advertised. However I'm a bit POd in that I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What's your brand of trail camera?

Member #
    Liked
    2348 times
    Well I got my 2 new Stealth Cam PX12's today. They arrived nicely packaged and as advertised. However I'm a bit POd in that I paid for 3 day delivery and according to the tracking manifest they have been sitting at a FedEx location here in OKC since Saturday at zero dark 30 and they weren't delivered until almost 6pm tonight. It took 6 days, to include Sunday, for it to arrive. While I haven't tested them out yet, I will shortly, I will be calling the Sportsman Guide tomorrow and asking WTH happened to my originally scheduled delivery date of Saturday. They can take it up with FedEx, even though they will say it was on FedEx not them, and credit me back that 3 day shipping or give me the credit for it.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DanEsco View Post
    I have a Browning Strike Force Sub Micro HD Camera out now. Its 10MP and does HD video (Have not tried the video yet). Trigger speed is 0.67 seconds. It takes 6 AA batteries. I got mine on Amazon.com. There is a bundle that is the camera, batteries, and an 8GB SD Card for 139.99. Or you can get just the camera for 101.00 I put it out at the beginning of September. So far I love thins thing. Easy to set up, and navigate the menus and the pictures are really good. Jury is still out on the battery life. I have not switched out the batteries yet and last weekend when I checked they were at 40%. I had the camera set on a feeder and it took over 6000 pictures. So that could be why the batteries are low already.

Im also in the market for a second camera. There is a Wildgame innovations 7MP camera for 65.00 at walmart that I may grab and test out. If I do ill let ya know how it works.
    Here is a couple shots from the Browning cam.Attachment 1289Attachment 1297
    I went ahead and picked up that 65.00 Camera from wal mart and here are a couple photos off it.

Name:  WGI_0481.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  2.89 MBName:  WGI_0025.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  1.24 MB

I was actually in the tree stand at the time of that picture with the half rack buck. couldnt get a shot on him.

All in all, its not a bad camera for the price considering it came with an 8GB SD Card and batteries. I like the color of the images on the browning a little better, and it looks like the Browning cam does better at night. Also it looks like the Browning gets a wider shot that the Wildgame Cam. These Pics are all from the same exact location.
    Last edited by DanEsco; 11-14-2016 at 11:34 AM.
    dennishoddy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2348 times
    I have both of my new Stealth Cams out plus my Tasco. Only time will tell on what they have to show.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    I have both of my new Stealth Cams out plus my Tasco. Only time will tell on what they have to show.
    Going out this week?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2348 times
    Probably not this week. I graduate the academy on Friday and then have to work my first shift back Friday night. I'll probably try an evening hunt if possible.

Member #
    I am now looking for a trail camera because I really liked pics in this thread. I didn’t use it with these cameras you can really take some good pics of almost every animal and bird. I am now looking for a trail camera because I really liked pics in this thread. And I have recently bumped into a new website that my friend recommended to me and I have found an article about the best trail camera under 100 bucks. Are they good? I do not want to make a bad choice and to lose money for nothing.
    Last edited by Mercury1989; 05-26-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury1989 View Post
    I am now looking for a trail camera, because I really liked pics in this thread.
    Stealth cams seem to be popular.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2348 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury1989 View Post
    I am now looking for a trail camera, because I really liked pics in this thread.
    First off Welcome to OKH. Glad to have you.

Lots of good ones on the market that won’t break the bank. Amazon sells them in multi packs as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12