What's your brand of trail camera?

This is a discussion on What's your brand of trail camera? within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; I'm in the market for at least one more camera. I currently use a TASCO and have had no equipment issues with it in 3 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What's your brand of trail camera?

Member #
    Liked
    2348 times

I'm in the market for at least one more camera. I currently use a TASCO and have had no equipment issues with it in 3 years now, just operator errors. My funds are limited and I've been looking all over the net for deals and reviews and such. So what are y'all using and what are your pros/cons with it/them?
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    I've been pretty sold on Stealth cam over the years. The higher end camera's competing with them said the 1 sec shutter speed was too slow compared to theirs. They have a 1/2 second shutter speed now, but even with the 1 second, If you put the camera looking up or down a trail and not at 90 degrees, it gets multiple pics of deer with no issue, or put it on a feeder that stops deer.
    Battery life is incredible. 8, AA's will last all season pretty much. I change them when they show 40% life left.

Stealth Cam Z36 No Glow
    $119.99
    Academy Sports
    Free shipping
    Is the one I use. I've had four of them for several years now. They slightly change the model numbers every year, but its basically the same camera and it has the no-glow feature.

If your interested in it, check prices at Opticsplanet.com. I can get anybody a 10-12% discount code at that website.
    Bullbuster likes this.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    I have stealth and moultree both good cameras. I think moultree batteries last longer.
    Bullbuster likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Name:  IMG_0462.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  2.18 MB Got another browning spec ops last christmas. Way better quality than my 3 yr old spec ops. Probably need to clean the lens, since its been out since jan 1.
    Bullbuster likes this.
    Barnett Ghost 360
    Nikon bolt xr
    Black Eagle Executioners

Hiker
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    I have a Browning Strike Force Sub Micro HD Camera out now. Its 10MP and does HD video (Have not tried the video yet). Trigger speed is 0.67 seconds. It takes 6 AA batteries. I got mine on Amazon.com. There is a bundle that is the camera, batteries, and an 8GB SD Card for 139.99. Or you can get just the camera for 101.00 I put it out at the beginning of September. So far I love thins thing. Easy to set up, and navigate the menus and the pictures are really good. Jury is still out on the battery life. I have not switched out the batteries yet and last weekend when I checked they were at 40%. I had the camera set on a feeder and it took over 6000 pictures. So that could be why the batteries are low already.

Im also in the market for a second camera. There is a Wildgame innovations 7MP camera for 65.00 at walmart that I may grab and test out. If I do ill let ya know how it works.
    Here is a couple shots from the Browning cam.Name:  IMG_1255.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  2.06 MBName:  IMG_2524.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  2.30 MB
    Bullbuster likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    690 times
    I've got a 6-7 year old Wildgame Innovations 4MP camera I originally bought at Academy for about $50. It's nothing special, 4mp day pics, nightime IR. Doesn't record video or audio, just pictures. It's incredibly simple to operate and takes 4 C batteries. The batteries last about a month tied to a tree taking pics. For a budget camera, it's not too bad. Shutter speed is pretty slow. It works best at a 45* angle facing a trail. Faced 90* from a game trail sometimes misses animals altogether or it just takes pics of their rear as they walk by if they are really close to the camera.

Member #
    Liked
    2348 times
    I've been looking at the Stealth cam PX12 and is in my top 3 wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    I've been pretty sold on Stealth cam over the years. The higher end camera's competing with them said the 1 sec shutter speed was too slow compared to theirs. They have a 1/2 second shutter speed now, but even with the 1 second, If you put the camera looking up or down a trail and not at 90 degrees, it gets multiple pics of deer with no issue, or put it on a feeder that stops deer.
    Battery life is incredible. 8, AA's will last all season pretty much. I change them when they show 40% life left.

Stealth Cam Z36 No Glow
    $119.99
    Academy Sports
    Free shipping
    Is the one I use. I've had four of them for several years now. They slightly change the model numbers every year, but its basically the same camera and it has the no-glow feature.

If your interested in it, check prices at Opticsplanet.com. I can get anybody a 10-12% discount code at that website.
    Steve Petersen--Correctional Peace Officer, Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy, Retired Military AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011, TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011—01/07/2018, Master Hunter and uncontested owner of the first deer killed off the Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA biologist) Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Member #
    Liked
    2348 times
    Well after some searching around and comparison shopping I settled on the Stealth Cam PX12.
    Through the military exchange and there secondary retailer sportsman guide, I went with the advertised package deal of 2 cams and 2 8mb cards. With the sportsman discount and my military discount and adding the 3 day shipping onto it, the total came up to $153.

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    Waiting on pics!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2348 times
    I'm waiting on the cameras to come in the mail. There's supposed to be here on Saturday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast