Suggestions... - Page 3

Suggestions...

This is a discussion on Suggestions... within the The Tavern forums, part of the Oklahoma Hunting category; I had deer processed into hamburger, steak, roast, and loins. Being my first deer i thought i would try some of all of it and ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Suggestions...

Member #

Re: Suggestions...

I had deer processed into hamburger, steak, roast, and loins. Being my first deer i thought i would try some of all of it and see what we like best. I have 2 little girls too they are not to hip on the idea of eating bambi but i am hoping if i cook it well and get good flavor we will all enjoy the meat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2342 times

Here is a no fail recipe for people that have never eaten deer.
    Have your burger ground with pork fat. 20%
    Form them into patties like a burger.
    Coat with flour, and fry them in a skillet until browned on both sides.
    Arrange in baking dish so that they are side by side, one layer with slices of bell pepper, salt, pepper and onion, with some fresh garlic. Then put a can or two of Cambells golden mushroom soup(do not add water like the can says) over the top of all of it along with some fresh sliced mushrooms. Cover with foil and cook at 350 degrees for one hour.

If they don't like mushrooms, use chicken soup instead of the mushroom, and shred some chicken into the soup.
    Pretty tasty.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
    to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2342 times

The steaks....if they are the backstrap steaks, just season, flour and fry,
    If your not into frying, get some of the shake and bake stuff, and do them in the oven.
    If they are the round steaks(I never get them) They will be a little tough, so I tenderize them with a meat hammer. tip: use Saran wrap or what ever you use, and put the steaks in between the Saran wrap, with the seasoning on the steak, and beat the heck out of them, and coat in flour, dip in egg mix, re- dip in flour, and make it into a chicken fry ;D
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,

5. Remove Advertisements
    OklahomaHunter.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    966 times

And make sure the silvery outer coating stuff is removed from the meat as well. A lot of processer won't take the time to remove it.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Guide
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times

BA hunter..I can testify to the recipe that DennisHoddy gave you...it's got to be the best ground venison I have ever ate...I would also suggest to make sure you don't cook any silver skin..connecting tissue...fat or bone..I think all this does is give the deer meat a really bad taste..as far as the round steaks or any other piece that you think will be tough...Use a package of Lowery's tenderizing beef marinate...the package says let the meat marinate for a few minutes but I let it marinate for about 6 to 8 hours...roll in flour and fry...it will be really tender and have a wonderful seasoning.....Sasakwa ;D

Scout
    Member #

Hello everyone,I,m a new member and have been in here less then a week ,this is a great outdoors Forum with friendly members in here and I would like to contribute 100% in seeing this Forum continue to grow with new members like myself,I accidently came across the site but i,m thankfull I did being I have been a hunter and fisherman all my life and I enjoy chatting with others with the same interest.

To add more member's in here ,have you all thought about advertising in Craiglist in the sporting section,it,s free and its sure to attrack more members who enjoy the outdoors. I noticed theres not alot of members leaving comments in here like in the past,,sure hope this Forum doesnt end being theres not alot of forums about the outdoors in Oklahoma and this is a good one.
    Thanks for listining to my suggestion,
    Luvslabfishin!
    Get outta bed,we have some fish'n and hunt'n to do today!

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

luvslabfishin~ okchunter will have to make the decision on your suggestion.

To some up why some members post from every know and then is.......
    They only hunt or fish for awhile after that they don't come back till the next season.
    There are more reasons as well.
    This site has been up for less then 3 years,We have been doing good & look to get better in years to come.

Again ,Welcome.

Gauge
    Mossy Oak~Pro Staffer/Rep~ S.W. OK-Turkey Division.
    HEVI-SHOT~Pro Staffer/RS~S.W. OK

Member #
    Liked
    2342 times

Good suggestion. I hope OKCHunter will go for it.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

I actually had never considered craigslist or advertising. I always figured word of mouth and the site would grow slowly. I am not around as much as I use to since life has me running in so many directions right now with the new job, 3 kids and so on. I may look into that sort of advertising. Thanks for the suggestion and welcome to the site. I am hoping I can start working more on the site to help improve things. I know the site has been a tad slow lately and I know it's a software issue but just haven't had the time to fix it.

Member #
    Liked
    966 times

Humm, site seems to be working just fine on my old pedal powered 'puter!! It's a lot faster than the NAHC site.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast