Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This buck had a 'typical' 7x6 frame with 1 kicker near the base/brow tine on his right side. To top it all off, I think he was at most 3.5 years old...pretty sure I saw him chasing a doe right after rifle season ended and he was definitely young! I measured them and was REALLY surprised at how high they scored...169 5/8 gross and 161 5/8 net. The circumferences sure push the score up quick!

...modified the score because I apparently can't add at 1 a.m., lol

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Wow, he's been eatin good in the neighborhood. I like the lil crab claw at the end of the left main beam.

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely has! I found them just inside the woods where I had the forage soybeans planted...now I know where they all went!

...and just to clarify, I used an estimated 16 6/8" inside spread for the final score...the left antler scored 78 5/8" and the right one was 74 2/8"...I'm pumped for next year! :D

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooops...made a mistake in scoring, thought there was a circumference measurement for each point, but it's limited to 4. The gross score would be 160 and net 153. ...still happy to have found these! :)

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Never the less, you have a great buck in the area.
Are you going to set up trail cams, and try to follow him in the spring when he puts horn back on?

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Only found 2 sheds in my life. Both blacktail Columbia and sitka.

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never the less, you have a great buck in the area.
Are you going to set up trail cams, and try to follow him in the spring when he puts horn back on?
Dern tootin' right, I am! lol. I think I know what deer this is from last year. If so, he's got a pretty small core area because I got pics of him in the same location I found the antlers. I should be able to pin him down next year as long as he doesn't shift to somewhere else in the bottoms.

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took a couple more pics of my dad with a different camera of them to give a better view of them...shows how nice they really are. Wish I could have gotten a trail cam pic of him this year to show how young he looked on the hoof.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
They look even bigger in the last pics. Huge rack :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That is a fine.
Both ends of the sheds never found a full set just one side.

Look forward to photos of him in your hands next season USFWC ;D .

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Look forward to photos of him in your hands next season USFWC ;D .
Me too, Gauge...or any time within the next few years would be fine with me as well! ...if no one else gets him, that is. Keeping the bucks out of the pecan groves with all that clover out there is tough.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That's why they get so big.
All that good grub to choose from.

Sure hope he falls into your hands & not some drive by hunters.
Knew ya had some problems in the past..Hope that was the last time too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts