Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Not seeing any of the pics. Not even the red X.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Nope and see no link for a pic. The attachment icon to the left of topic name only opens the smileys. May just be my laptop thats got a blocker or something.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
That is one nice buck!!!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Mount looks good. But he seems to be smiling.
No disrespect to you...He just looks like he has a big smile on his mouth.
Congrats on fine buck.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on fine buck.
That's the only thing I did not like about him. He reminds me of those old Tinks 69 ads with the talking mounts.
Other than that the taxi put in a lot of detail, jaw bone lines, wrinkles in the skin on the neck, muscle and esophagus outlines. Just a smirk! Oh well.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Congrats on fine buck.
That's the only thing I did not like about him. He reminds me of those old Tinks 69 ads with the talking mounts.
Other than that the taxi put in a lot of detail, jaw bone lines, wrinkles in the skin on the neck, muscle and esophagus outlines. Just a smirk! Oh well.
Do you know what brand and style of manikin you taxi used? 98% of all the new ones have the muscle tone already on them. When the hide is glued on it shows through. Wish I could see the pics. What host site you using?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on fine buck.
Do you know what brand and style of manikin you taxi used? 98% of all the new ones have the muscle tone already on them. When the hide is glued on it shows through. Wish I could see the pics. What host site you using?
It was a McKenzie, semi-upright with a left turn. I just uploaded the pics from my computer.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Thats a great manakin he used. They have nice detail to them. They even have them now we pre set eyes.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Nice deer. I see what ya mean by the smile. I know why that happened. When he cut the lip slots he did it at an angle. So when he tucked the lips it gave it that smile look. It happens and its not easy to correct without re cutting the lip channel and adding more clay to resculpt the lip line.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Tink's 69 deer..Thank God he didn't come out looking like those talking bucks.
I'd be beyond pissed if he came out that bad.

Nice buck minus the smiley face .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts