Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s that time of year again when we say goodbye to the fall hunting season and contest by saying hello to the spring seasons and contest. With that said below you will find the new rules and point system. You will notice right away that things are much different this time around. I hope it makes things easier yet streamlines the whole contest as not everyone has the means to hunt/ fish the same. It keeps everyone at the same level.

The 2011-2012 contest officially begins at 0001 (12:01 a.m.) on Feb 15, 2011.

The whole team makeup will be done and posted by contest start in a blind draw from a hat conducted by one of my kids. Team size and number of teams will depend on those who wish to partake.

Now for the Nitti Gritty…

Contest Rules…

-FIRST AND FORMOST ALL LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS AND REGULATIOS APPLY TO THE AREA GAME AND FISH IS TAKEN. IF AT ANYTIME, A MEMBER IS FOUND TO HAVE BEEN IN WILLFULL VIOLATION OF SUCH LAWS, NO POINTS WILL BE AWARDED AND REMOVAL FROM CONTEST CAN BE ENFORCED. IT IS UP TO YOU TO KNOW THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS FOR THE GAME TARGETED AND AREA YOU ARE AT.

-Each team will select a team captain who will be responsible for updating all points for that team at least once a week. REMEMBER NO PICTURE NO POINTS.

-To receive points you must have a picture of the animal or fish taken even if catch and release is practiced and a quick harvest recap must accompany it as well. Full hunt/ fishing details need to be posted in a new topic.

-You need to be in the picture with game/fish if possible. The exception is if you hunt or fish alone but something that identifies you needs to be in the picture. Example is I take lots of pictures on the tailgate of my truck. If I am not in the picture my truck is and many forum members have seen my truck and can identify it.

-Points will be the same for both species sexes. Only point increase exception are for a certified record be it lake, river, state and world, a tagged fish or banded/ tagged animal or bird.

-If hunting or fishing under special conditions be it DMAP tags or fish culling program you must make that know in recap post with picture as half points will be awarded as those are again special conditions not afforded to everyone.

-No special points are given for method of take, be it bow, M/L, Rifle, trapped, light tackle, fly rod or noodling. For a fish to qualify a measurement and or weight must be in the picture if minimums might be questioned.

-If picture has multiple people and game shown only those team member’s harvest/ catch counts for points.

-There is no limit to the amount of fish that can be submitted for points provided they meet the minimum requirements.

-Only legal game and fish species count for points with the exception of those listed. This will prevent point stacking for the harvesting/ catch and release of non game species beyond those listed.

-A case by case species addition can and may be added if hunting or fishing out of state and that harvested species is not found in Oklahoma.

THE RULES LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT FINAL AND MORE CAN BE ADDED. ANY NEW RULES ADDED AFTER THE OFFICIAL CONTEST START WILL BE MADE KNOW TO ALL AND POSTED IN RED

Point system…

-Tags/ Bands-

-Tags/ Bands-500
-Money Tags/ Bands-worth money value x10 ($50 x10=500 points)

-Big game-

-Whitetail-100, Mule deer-150, Elk-300, Pronghorn-200
-Black bear-500
-Wild boar-75

-Small game-

-Rabbits, Squirrle-15
-Raccoon, Opposum, Beaver, Skunk-25
-Bobcat-75
-Turkey-50

-Upland/ Waterfowl-

-Dove-10
-Quail/ Pheasant-20
-All ducks-15
-Canada goose-20
-Snow goose-25
-All cranes-50

-Reptile/ Amphibians-

-Bullfrogs ONLY-5
-All Rattle snakes-10

-Exception Species-

-Couger-100
-Cayote-50
-Armadillo/ Porcupine-25

-Fish-

Continue to add points for each double minimum met ie. Trout-40 points at 24”, Bass-30/45/60 points at 2/3/4 pounds.

-Trout-25 (min length 12”)
-All Bass species-15 (min 1 pound)
-Crappie, Bluegill, Sunfish-10 (no min)
-All Catfish-15 (min 2 pounds)
-Carp-25 (min 4 pounds)
-Wallye-30 (min 12”)
-All Gar-25 (min 24”)
-Paddlefish-50 (min 30")

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
What about 3 toed snivel lizzards and Snipes?!?!?!? :eek: ;D

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
It’s that time of year again when we say goodbye to the fall hunting season and contest by saying hello to the spring seasons and contest. With that said below you will find the new rules and point system. You will notice right away that things are much different this time around. I hope it makes things easier yet streamlines the whole contest as not everyone has the means to hunt/ fish the same. It keeps everyone at the same level.

The 2011-2012 contest officially begins at 0001 (12:01 a.m.) on Feb 15, 2011.

The whole team makeup will be done and posted by contest start in a blind draw from a hat conducted by one of my kids. Team size and number of teams will depend on those who wish to partake.

Now for the Nitti Gritty…

Contest Rules…

-FIRST AND FORMOST ALL LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS AND REGULATIOS APPLY TO THE AREA GAME AND FISH IS TAKEN. IF AT ANYTIME, A MEMBER IS FOUND TO HAVE BEEN IN WILLFULL VIOLATION OF SUCH LAWS, NO POINTS WILL BE AWARDED AND REMOVAL FROM CONTEST CAN BE ENFORCED. IT IS UP TO YOU TO KNOW THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS FOR THE GAME TARGETED AND AREA YOU ARE AT.

-Each team will select a team captain who will be responsible for updating all points for that team at least once a week. REMEMBER NO PICTURE NO POINTS.

-To receive points you must have a picture of the animal or fish taken even if catch and release is practiced and a quick harvest recap must accompany it as well. Full hunt/ fishing details need to be posted in a new topic.

-You need to be in the picture with game/fish if possible. The exception is if you hunt or fish alone but something that identifies you needs to be in the picture. Example is I take lots of pictures on the tailgate of my truck. If I am not in the picture my truck is and many forum members have seen my truck and can identify it.

-Points will be the same for both species sexes. Only point increase exception are for a certified record be it lake, river, state and world, a tagged fish or banded/ tagged animal or bird.

-If hunting or fishing under special conditions be it DMAP tags or fish culling program you must make that know in recap post with picture as half points will be awarded as those are again special conditions not afforded to everyone.

-No special points are given for method of take, be it bow, M/L, Rifle, trapped, light tackle, fly rod or noodling. For a fish to qualify a measurement and or weight must be in the picture if minimums might be questioned.

-If picture has multiple people and game shown only those team member’s harvest/ catch counts for points.

-There is no limit to the amount of fish that can be submitted for points provided they meet the minimum requirements.

-Only legal game and fish species count for points with the exception of those listed. This will prevent point stacking for the harvesting/ catch and release of non game species beyond those listed.

-A case by case species addition can and may be added if hunting or fishing out of state and that harvested species is not found in Oklahoma.

THE RULES LISTED ABOVE ARE NOT FINAL AND MORE CAN BE ADDED. ANY NEW RULES ADDED AFTER THE OFFICIAL CONTEST START WILL BE MADE KNOW TO ALL AND POSTED IN RED.

Point system…

-Records-

-Lake-1,000, River-1,500, State-2,500, World-5,000
-Tags/ Bands-
-Tags/ Bands-500
-Money Tags/ Bands-worth money value x10

-Big game-

-Whitetail-100, Mule deer-150, Elk-300, Pronghorn-200
-Black bear-500
-Wild boar-75

-Small game-

-Rabbits, Squirrel-15
-Raccoon, Opossum-25
-Bobcat-75
Skunk?
-Upland/ Waterfowl-

-Dove-10
-Quail/ Pheasant-20
-All ducks-15
-Canada goose-20
-Snow goose-25
-All cranes-50

-Reptile/ Amphibians-

-Frogs/ turtles-5

-Exception Species-

-Cougar-100
-Coyote-50
-Armadillo-25

-Fish-

Continue to add points for each double minimum met ie. Trout-40 points at 24”, Bass-30/45/60 points at 2/3/4 pounds.

-Trout-25 (min length 12”)
-All Bass species-15 (min 1 pound)
-Crappie, Bluegill, Sunfish-10 (no min)
-All Catfish-10 (min 2 pounds)
-Carp-25 (min 4 pounds)
-Walleye-30 (min 12”)
-All Gar-25 (min 24”)

Aside from going through the fish and game regulation books and listing each and every species the above is the basic list and will be expanded upon.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Anybody that has had dealings with skunk deserves more points that a chupacabra!! ;D

·
Registered
840 Posts
I noticed beavers and snakes are not on the list. Were these forgotten, or deliberately omitted?

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I stated some game critter are not listed. I picked up the new fishing regs book last night and will add more to the fish list. I still need to do more research on the other game species. More will be added soon.

Keep in mind points will not be available for every living thing found in OK. The list of award species should be for those that one can eat and or sell the pelts for money. Field mice, rats, lizards and many snakes dont qualify. You can sell a skunk skin but I sure aint gonna eat one. Beaver will be added as I just forgot about them.

Bigfoot and any other mythical creatures would require a photo with you in it and proof of harvest before points will be added.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Bigfoot and any other mythical creatures would require a photo with you in it and proof of harvest before points will be added.
I'll get right on that! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.