Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
so far for the 2 days that I got to go out, 9 ducks and 1 Hooded Merganser. Also 7 teal during teal season.

·
Registered
840 Posts
2 Canada geese during the Sep early season. Nothing so far in the regular season.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
3 woodies. Been out 1.5 times.
You must have a honey hole.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
4 days out at lawtonka 34 birds for the 3 of us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like the cold front brought in some new birds. Can't wait until Thursday then it's four days of bustin quackers!

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Good luck! Here in the Northern part of the state, we have ducks, and geese everywhere. I don't waterfowl hunt, but do appreciate the number of birds we are seeing now.
It wasn't too many years ago that the quota system didn't allow very many ducks to be killed.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Anyone know if OK ever had a point system on duck limits?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have talked to a few locals and they remember the point system back in the late 70's or early 80's.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I remember the point system very well. That's the main reason I quit hunting waterfowl. You were allowed 100 points per day. A mallard hen was 90 points..if the first duck was a mallard hen then you were allowed to shoot one more duck and then you were done for the day..It truly screwed up the sport.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I hunted one year where their was a point system in the late 70's.
Being just a kid and a bad shot it didn't seem to matter.
I re call that Hen Mallards were 100 points & you were done with a 100 point limit.

Sure are glad we have a 6 bird limit now with still some restrictions.
Being on a point system would just suck.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I remember Pintails, Gadwalls, Teal, Wigdeon, Shovlers and Bluebills were 10 points. Mallard Drakes were 25 points. Mallard Hens and Ringnecks were 90 points. Could not shoot Canvasbacks. I like the six limit bird better.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I'm glad we don't have a point system, too much gazinta's for me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts