Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Looks like y’all had some fun and success today. All I shot was 2 inmates with pepper spray for fighting. Sorry no pics to show for that one.

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Clean pass through? Blood trail? Tracking job?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Minor/ minimal blood trail. Large snot trail 😁. Ever hear what room of 65 grown men sounds like choking on a room full of oleoresin capsicum (OC) spray? 😆😆😆

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Minor/ minimal blood trail. Large snot trail . Ever hear what room of 65 grown men sounds like choking on a room full of oleoresin capsicum (OC) spray?
Man, I had to do those gas chamber exercises every two years in the Army
There is no description about how much snot is in the human head.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Minor/ minimal blood trail. Large snot trail 😁. Ever hear what room of 65 grown men sounds like choking on a room full of oleoresin capsicum (OC) spray? 😆😆😆
When I worked at the prison here in Lawton I watched them pepper spray an inmate with three cans before he went down. The rest of the herd of inmates scattered coughing and the snot was everywhere. The Warden wasn't to happy but no tickets were given out for being over their limits.

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
I was rifle hunting many years ago on private land along the Arkansas River getting into my stand by climbing limbs so there was no ladder.
Some guy walked in and sat at the base of my tree. I knew he didn’t have permission but it was getting to shooting light.
An 8 point stepped into view not 50’ in front of the tree. Looked down and the guys head was down so figured he was asleep. When that 30-06 went off 15’ over his head it scared the crap out of him.
He jumped up, ran around the tree, grabbed his rifle and started to run tripping in the process and falling. He just laid there face down so I got down, moved his rifle out of reach and asked if he was ok. He rolled over and sat up. He said he thought he had been shot and was running in a panic. I pointed out the dead deer and my stand to him to explain what woke him up.
Turns out he was a dentist from a nearby town and just snuck on the place.
Told him there was only one way he was getting out of a trespass citation which involved him helping me drag that buck out that was almost a 1/4 mile.
We made the drag, and he went on his way. Never saw him again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a Buck that has been staging 350 yards from 1 of my stands, no way to get closer to him with a bow. I am hoping to give him an unwelcome surprise me

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
My son was out all weekend, he has 1 doe that he lost and has not had anything else in range. So, I hunted it Saturday morning for my chance and he got the stand the rest of the week d and said the buck will not stand at all and is still running everything else off. I was a 400 yards away pointing a different direction on the other side of the woods and only saw glimpses of deer on property that I can see but cannot hunt, working the corner is never an easy task.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
I‘ve seen a bunch of deer since Saturday but nothing I want to end my season with. I passed a 130 class 8 point this evening. I think he’s 4 and has potential to be a giant if he can survive. I did my part to help him out, but he really needs to leave the girls alone and lay low for a while. My neighbors WILL shoot him if they get a chance.

I passed on a big bobcat at 50 yards yesterday and immediately regretted it, because I’m finally seeing some quail and turkeys and am hearing pheasants every once in a while. I told myself if I see another one it won’t get a pass. I ended up seeing another one tonight, but he made it to the tall Johnson grass before I could get on him.:mad:

I’m really getting pissed off at all the coyotes I’m hearing and seeing on my cameras. I’ve been looking for justification to get a thermal, and I think this might be it. I’m going to call my game warden and see if he’ll give me a pass to hunt them at night after deer season. He’s a good guy, and I really wouldn’t mind if he wanted to participate. You know like story about the guy taking the game warden fishing and handing him a stick of dynamite.;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
We let the warden there in Alfalfa County hunt coyotes after deer season. Wish more people would. I watched coyotes chase every doe out of the bean field 2 nights in a row. Dont know why they can't set up poison stations and get the problem taken care of.
I talked to Ben a couple weeks ago about my coyote problem, but I haven’t approached him about hunting them with a thermal yet. That’s an after deer season project.

With bean fields, you must be in the northern part of the county. I’m on the river close to the refuge.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts