Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
We let the warden there in Alfalfa County hunt coyotes after deer season. Wish more people would. I watched coyotes chase every doe out of the bean field 2 nights in a row. Dont know why they can't set up poison stations and get the problem taken care of.
They would do this at my aunt and uncles place years ago. They said there was more coyotes than squirrels. Do they not do this anymore?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I talked to Ben a couple weeks ago about my coyote problem, but I haven’t approached him about hunting them with a thermal yet. That’s an after deer season project.

With bean fields, you must be in the northern part of the county. I’m on the river close to the refuge.
A mile off the line on the Medicine Lodge river.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Furbearer season is December 1, but if you like to see quail, pheasants, and turkeys, bobcat season is year around.
I haven't been on the forum in a while. But it sure has changed. There used to not be poaching talk on here. No if you like poaching the season is year around, plain and simple. If you have a predator problem then furbearer season is the time to kill them.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I hunt coyotes and raccoon year round. The is no open season on them. If possible I will dispose them site on scene.

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
I haven't been on the forum in a while. But it sure has changed. There used to not be poaching talk on here. No if you like poaching the season is year around, plain and simple. If you have a predator problem then furbearer season is the time to kill them.
Welcome back. Been awhile since seeing you on the forum.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Coyotes and racoons are year round. I believe they changed racoons to year round last year.

Season Dates/Bag Limits
Beaver, Nutria, Raccoon & Striped Skunk

Statewide: open year-round
No daily, season or possession limit.

Coyote
Open statewide year-round, except it shall be unlawful to hunt, take or attempt to take coyotes from dark to daylight with the aid of any artificial light and/or any sight dog. Persons attempting to hunt at night must first obtain a permit from the county game warden and must use a shotgun, utilizing size six (6) shot or smaller.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Coyotes and racoons are year round. I believe they changed racoons to year round last year.

Season Dates/Bag Limits
Beaver, Nutria, Raccoon & Striped Skunk

Coyote
Open statewide year-round, except it shall be unlawful to hunt, take or attempt to take coyotes from dark to daylight with the aid of any artificial light and/or any sight dog. Persons attempting to hunt at night must first obtain a permit from the county game warden and must use a shotgun, utilizing size six (6) shot or smaller.
I believe the complaint comment was about bobcats being year round even if they aren’t year round.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Yes, and no bobcat was harmed by that comment or by the person making the comment.

The only casualty of the comment was the feelings of the complainer. :rolleyes:
We can all agree that what happens on your property, stays on your property.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Wait a minute fellas...if you don’t own something that resides on your own property and in fact the state owns all game and regulates it...where do I direct this lawsuit for one totaled F-150? Happed on a state highway and caused by a state owned, state maintained, state regulated, state taxed deer? I need to get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Wait a minute fellas...if you don’t own something that resides on your own property and in fact the state owns all game and regulates it...where do I direct this lawsuit for one totaled F-150? Happed on a state highway and caused by a state owned, state maintained, state regulated, state taxed deer? I need to get to the bottom of this.
Yeah well, the deer only “belong“ to the state if they can regulate or make money off them. You should consider yourself lucky that they didn’t ticket you for using an unapproved weapon to kill the deer.

With this bumper, I don’t even slow up for deer, pigs, blm, antifa…well never mind. Let’s just say my truck has a higher body count than most of my guns.;)
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Grille

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hahaha you are right on that I better shut up before I get a ticket. Prob get hit with a spotlighting ticket!
Using an illegal weapon AND a spotlight?!? Did you poach it too?!? You better delete those posts, because somebody here’s liable to report you for your alleged illegal activity. In today’s world, you’re guilty until proven innocent. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
I believe the complaint comment was about bobcats being year round even if they aren’t year round.
Bobcat season is year around if caught killing livestock or domestic animals.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Using an illegal weapon AND a spotlight?!? Did you poach it too?!? You better delete those posts, because somebody here’s liable to report you for your alleged illegal activity. In today’s world, you’re guilty until proven innocent. :rolleyes:
If the media gets ahold of these posts it’s all over for me! After all the media IS judge and jury.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I've killed coyotes that were harassing cattle and my barn cats by any and all means at my disposal. I will continue to do so until the day that I die.

Dennis' post (#56) is spot on regarding legality. It even covers such things as feral dogs, coyotes, bears, and mountain lions. Anything killing livestock or poultry is fair game at any time of the year.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts