Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some Montanna Gold 55gr .223 bullets and some small rifle primers this weekend from Tulsahunter and man they made up some fine ammo with 27gr of Varget. Fired a few rounds off hand at 100yrds standing, kneeling, and prone and out of 50 fired all stayed in the 9 ring, 11-10's with 6 x's on a tombstone sillouett target. Not bad considering I've only shot my AR 20-30 times with the stock A3 sights.

Thanks to Michael, Tulsahunter, for the supplies.

·
Vendor
511 Posts
Not a problem buddy glad you like them.

Michael

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
did a little horse trading for some .45ACP brass my self with tulsa hunter. Still waiting for the 1000 .45ACP bullets from Hornady that came with the progressive loader I got for christmas. Was going to call them today, and see what was going on, but now they have a new banner on their site that said a 6 to 10 month wait now. :mad:

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somehow that 6-10 month wait isn't a shock! I've got ammo, but it feels like I'm pulling the trigger on a gold nugget!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Yep,
It's only gonna get worse too.
Word is: ammo is going up another 300-500% :eek: :eek: - :mad: :mad: .What in the ^&(* is wrong with this!!!

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
Here is the worst part. If you shoot military brass, the new directive from the government is that it all has to be destroyed before removing from the site. I got this info from another forum, and so far, I can't confirm that as I can get on the same web site, and they are not calling for destruction before removing them from the side, but then again, some of the posters have put up some emails that say you have to. If that happens, the military stuff will go to the moon.
A backdoor gun control in my opinion :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, be a lot less court time spent making all the ammo go away than getting rid of the guns. I bet ammo in Mexico is still available.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
Good news! the DOD that put out the directive that military brass must be mutilated before removing from the site has recinded that rule. Seems that hundreds of thousands of citizens contacted their legislators, and the white house over a two day period pointing out that that would cost jobs, make the gov. loose money on the transaction etc. ;D

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is good news. I had read that instead of getting 80 cents a round for the brass, that the gov would only be getting 8 cents a round as scrap. Makes you wonder how our gov got into debit in the first place.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
That is good news. I had read that instead of getting 80 cents a round for the brass, that the gov would only be getting 8 cents a round as scrap. Makes you wonder how our gov got into debit in the first place.
I was on that site, and they had 40,000 pounds of .223, .45acp, and .50bmg for bid. The only catch was that you had to have a $10,000 bank credit on file just to bid........My wife wouldn't approve :mad: :mad: ::)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts