Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 4.5 quake hit here about 30 minutes ago. My co worker felt it and lots of others did as well. I couldn't feel a thing but at that time I remember hearing what sounded like a train rumbling by. So while I didn't feel it I heard it. News said it was felt from Norman to Tulsa.
Anyone else feel it?

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I was out walking in the unit and didn't hear or feel a thing, but others in the offices said they saw some movment in the building.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes, I was on the second floor of a Dr. office in Stillwater and the whole building was swaying back and forth...It was kinda strange...a long rumble and then the building just started swaying...not a fast shake but just a steady sway...

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dennis you work on base don't you.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
I work For OG&E at Sooner Power Plant. About half way between Ponca and Stillwater.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I didn't notice it here at Ft. Sill at all. But I heard about it on the news.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I was on duty, but was in my car and felt nothing. Everyone started calling me and asking if we had another building explode.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Our school building shook in McLoud. I was grading papers in the teacher's lounge and I thought someone hit the buidling with a truck or something.

Apparently OU suffered some damage. They evacuated students because a wall collapsed.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
My wife works in norman and she saw the building move and felt it. Her office is on the 2nd floor. I was on base at the FAA and didn't feel or hear a thing.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now they say it was actually a 5.1 quake. On the news last night they said it was felt in 4 states. I was but a couple miles from the center and felt nothing yet some say they did 200 miles away. Gimmy a break.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Sittin at my desk at Will Rogers and heard a loud Kawhoom. Lasted about 2 seconds and felt the carpet shift under my feet. Wifey called and at 5mils east of Tecumseh said it lasted about 5 seconds and we have paint chips all over the floor. Friend of ours said his house shifted on the foundation at Shawnee. I thought a plane had nosed in or something.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats crazy.
Get this now they down graded it to a 4.7 someone needs to make up there mind.

I have felt 4 in my life and I have to admit they was all really cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts