Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest son purchased some Federal 45 auto ammo and shot it. When we went to reload it, the primer pocket seemed small. We had to use small pistol primers instead of large pistol primers. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just out of touch with reloading? All of the other cases I have use large pistol primers.

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
I don’t remember which manufacturer brought this travesty into the shooting arena but I hate it.
The small primer brass gets thrown into the brass recycling bucket. It sure adds a lot of time to the reloading process now because you have to inspect for primer size and sort them accordingly.

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree with that, Dennis. It's almost as frustrating as breaking a de-priming pin on a Berdan primed .223 brass mixed in with "normal" brass. ;)

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree with that, Dennis. It's almost as frustrating as breaking a de-priming pin on a Berdan primed .223 brass mixed in with "normal" brass. ;)
Been there done that. I get some range pick up .308 that has the Berdan primers too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts