Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

A few pictures from this season so far.

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dennishoddy 
#1 ·
It's kind of slow here at work today so I thought I would post up a few pictures from the two hunts we have had in Oklahoma so far this season. We aren't covered up in birds but there are enough to keep the dogs interested & it is better than sitting at home. We have several covey's that we have marked on G.P.S. from the past two years of hunting there & so far, we have found every covey that we had marked except one & it is in a very thick pecan tree bottom so I think they have our number & just slipped out on us. We have also marked 3 or 4 new coveys. It has been pretty wet up there, so we have had some great dog work with the scent conditions being so good. I'm not carrying a gun this season, just camera & I have to say, I have had just as much fun as any other year, I just wish I had a better camera. Hope y'all enjoy.
Jazz & Daisy on a covey. (Mother & Daughter)

Jazz & Bleu (Little Bleu has really turned it on this season)

Here is one of Bleu on a single that he pointed, I walked in & flushed the bird, my buddy shot it & Bleu retrieved it to hand. Bleu is my first bird dog out of the the six that I have had, that has never been to a professional trainer. I am very proud of this boy.

And here is Bleu on another single with Max backing (youngest of the group & oldest of the group)

Jake, Daisy & Jazz getting a drink.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice pics man. Great looking dogs.

#3 ·
Love watching good dog work. Been out a few times myself but our upland birds really took a beating with the drought, and record high temps.

#4 ·
Some fine looking dogs working there. What bloodline are they out of? Use to hunt over some Elhue and other good line of dogs. It was a blast and sure miss it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.