Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the start of each deer season, I have 40 doe tags, plus 5-6 mature buck tags to fill + any bonus hunts I draw.
I work with the wildlife department on a DMAP(Deer managment assistance program)on private property that has an overpopulation of does to the point the herd is in danger of eating themselves out of house and home.
I don't take that many, as the landowner brings in clients to hunt does, as well as we put on youth hunts for inner city disadvantaged kids with their parents. Last year I killed 13 deer. Just didn't post all of them.
All the deer but one killed on a controlled hunt, are listed and tagged in our DMAP check station.
I currently have two more buck tags, and 4 doe tags I can fill before the end of the year, that are my regular season tags.
I did not hunt off of the DMAP property, so my regular season tags are still valid.
Anybody that wants to validate this statment can contact Marshal Reigh, Game Warden of Grant County, or Captain Tracy Daniels, supervisor of Game Wardens over the NW counties.
Marshals Cell phone # is 580-541-6087
Tracy's cell # is Listed in the Okla wildlife department booklet. I used to have it, but it changed with his promotion.

Now for my next statment.

If you want to question me or my hunting/fishing methods, techniques, bag limits, weapons used, or whatever your simple mind wants to question. Man up and contact me directly. Face to Face, Man to man, or you can do it like a coward, anomously on the internet by the back door!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sounds to me like someone is jealous ole Buddy.....They like to cry foul without knowing any facts...I'm betting you don't hear from who it was....Now you can probably see why I don't do more posting..cause of BS just like you are talking about.....I can only hope they call one of the wardens...boy, want that be good?. ;)

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It never ceases to amaze me when people don't do a little background checking and post reading before whining like a 2 year old. :mad: :mad:

Plus, I use my real name. I don't hide behind some screen name to post.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Well that ain't right. You have mentioned before on several occasions that you use DMAP tags. I wonder if the issue this person had/has more to do with what you do with so many harvested deer. Like do you use it for yourself, friends, family or donate it to the food banks vs shooting them and letting them rot. I'm hoping that that's the case but even so why not just be up front about it and just ask you.

I can only assume this person went to someone else who then contacted you with the complaint given your tone in typing.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm lost, but were they complaining about you to someone else? Accusing you of poaching? If that were the case, who would be stupid enough to poach, then post it online?!

Any way, you know you're doing the right thing and that's all that matters. ;)

So...uh...about those extra tags?????? ;) ;) ;)

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that ain't right. You have mentioned before on several occasions that you use DMAP tags. I wonder if the issue this person had/has more to do with what you do with so many harvested deer. Like do you use it for yourself, friends, family or donate it to the food banks vs shooting them and letting them rot. I'm hoping that that's the case but even so why not just be up front about it and just ask you.

I can only assume this person went to someone else who then contacted you with the complaint given your tone in typing.
I was told by another member that I was going to be reported to the ODW. This person told another person on this board their intentions, and it got relayed to me.

The harvested deer are donated to families that need meat. The local GW's know lots of people, that need some.
The processor that does my deer for me, has a list of people willing to pay to have one processed. I have a personal list that to date has not been filled of people that want venison.
Crying shame, some person has to be like that.
Nobody likes poachers. I am #1 against it, if anybody reads the posts I put on this board. The person in question, obviously has not.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm lost, but were they complaining about you to someone else? Accusing you of poaching? If that were the case, who would be stupid enough to poach, then post it online?!

Any way, you know you're doing the right thing and that's all that matters. ;)

So...uh...about those extra tags?????? ;) ;) ;)
The last two that I posted pics of, finished up our DMAP tags.
I may get out this weekend for a bow hunt. Wish the snow would stay on the ground, but it will probably be gone by then according to the weather people.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Our snow here is already gone, except for a little in the north shade of my house.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts

I was told by another member that I was going to be reported to the ODW. This person told another person on this board their intentions, and it got relayed to me.

The harvested deer are donated to families that need meat. The local GW's know lots of people, that need some.
The processor that does my deer for me, has a list of people willing to pay to have one processed. I have a personal list that to date has not been filled of people that want venison.
Crying shame, some person has to be like that.
Nobody likes poachers. I am #1 against it, if anybody reads the posts I put on this board. The person in question, obviously has not.
When I was stationed in Cali I founded a chapter of Farmers and Hunter Feeding the Hungry (www.FHFH.org). I took in more hogs than anything as you was lucky if ya got a second deer tag much less filled it. I know here on OK its Hunters for the Hungry as partner but separate org from FHFH. Its groups like that that I support as like what you do the meat goes right back to local food banks and soup kitchens to feed the homeless and hungry.

To the heck with how others feel about it. Your doing good things for the right reasons.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dennis; Come clean. You are just a maniac that loves to kill! Regulations be damned.
Killing is what I do.
Its what I live for and others die for.
The viseral feeling of sinking the hands into a bloody animal cavity is tatamount to an earth shaking...................!!
8) 8)

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
The good Lord ate fish, I eat backstrap. ;D

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Well, I am by far not the worlds greatest hunter on the planet but, most hunting and fishin to eat involves some sort of killin. I enjoy the eating part so I guess I enjoy the killin part as well. Just as nature meant I recon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts