Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been AWOL, I am turingin my self in. I have been busy getting around and getting my ass here to Afghanistan I didnt have much time. I did however have time two smack a couple turkeys before I left. I will post pictures later, and good luck hunting to all the guys on here!
Chad

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Well hang in there man, I may be coming to see you in August. How long is your visit this time around?

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Think I'm looking at mid Aug to mid Dec. Depends on if the primary guy gets off of medical profile or not.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Damm Bird! you getting deployed now?

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Looks like half the forum is headed outs town. Chad, bird and me who else is taking an uncle Sam vacation?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Damm Bird! you getting deployed now?
Just got back from Alpena Mi and our units Op Readiness Inspection, which we aced and may be taking a guys place that's having a time getting off of medical hold. Wouldn't mind another deployment before I retire, but don't really care for missing all of deer season and my at home leave would run out before spring turkey season. War is hell fella's!

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Well, I'm coming from my own experience. The gubberment needs to either go in full bore, and wipe out any opposition, or Get the Frick out.

:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Yeah, totally agree with ya Dennis. In fact I'd have to call ya and spend and hour to tell ya how I really feel.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Gauge summed it up pretty well for me. Don't mind going if we're there to win, if we're just killin' time till we draw out at a specific time, then I'm a bit peeved. Ho Chi Mihn was right, western folk don't have the stomach for a war that lasts past 10yrs.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Lord have mercy if Dennis, chad, Bird and myself got together with a bottle of Jameson and talked shop. I'm sure we would reinvent words to discribe our opinions lol.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Might just have to have one of those hangar flying sessions!

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
And at least a day afterwards to recover!

Got some news today, Aug rotation is mysteriously filled and it'll be Jan before I might head out.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Wow after hunting season how convenient for you. I'll be gone for 2/3 of it if not all of it if things go as rumor has it.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Hope it's a 60 day in country, but most likely it'll be x2 of those.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
So far it's a Sep/ Oct gig only but I'll be on the books for 87 days. Likely will have more orders when those end. Already told them just make me full active again and stop wasting time with order after order. Will make my last 5 go by quicker. I need 7k or so points for full active retirement and I have just under 6k right now. If I was told correctly its 1 point per day of active duty, 1 point per day I'm on orders and 4 points per drill weekend. I could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts