Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As this is The Tavern I thought a discussion about intoxicants might be appropriate.

I'm an IPA guy who also occasionally enjoys a malty English brown ale or even a stout. Bell's Two-Hearted Ale, Old Nation Brewing's M-43, Boss Tweed or Cart Horse, Founders All Day IPA, COOP's F5 or New Belgium's Zombie Ranger all flick my switch.

When I crack a bottle I like to drink gold rum, bourbon or sherry cask scotch. I'm pretty wide open when it comes to liquor so long as it nearer to the top shelf than the bottom.

What do you drink?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Anything medium to dark in fizzy drinks. Kinda hooked on Coop Native Amber at the moment. I like all stouts, porters, brown ales and especially scotch ales like Old Chubb or Traquair. In the hotter months I'll drink something lighter.

Bottle wise I prefer a lot of Buffalo Trace products: EH Taylor, Eagle Rare, Blanton's. I'm a fan of Russel's bourbon, Jefferson's Rum Cask, Ocean, and their flagship stuff. In the coldest months I find myself leaning towards the rye side like Bulleit Rye.

·
Administrator
13,740 Posts
Well, I grew up sneaking dads home brew before alcohol was legal in Ok.
Colors light for one or two when a beer feels right on a hot day.
I treat my beer taste buds with a Santa Fe happy camper IPA on occasion if I can find it in Ok which is rare to none.
I like a beer with a high IBU (international bitterness unit)for the taste of the hops.
If going to the red liquor, my choice is Woodford Reserve double Oaked
That is the nectar of the Gods. One tiny ice cube in the shot and nurture like you would a new born babe, letting it grow on you slowly with great respect.
Or some 14 year old Balvinie scotch whisky if someone else is paying for it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
If going to the red liquor, my choice is Woodford Reserve double Oaked
That is the nectar of the Gods. One tiny ice cube in the shot and nurture like you would a new born babe, letting it grow on you slowly with great respect.
Or some 14 year old Balvinie scotch whisky if someone else is paying for it.
I like Woodford too, however, ever since I went to the distillery and found out they don't allow dogs on the premises, it kinda spoiled it for me. I know that's a silly reason, but on the same trip we took our dog all over Buffalo Trace grounds including the gift shop and everyone seemed happy to see us. The only down side at Buffalo Trace was you could buy one bottle of Blanton's per person and my puppy was only 9 months old at the time (not legal age) so I only left with two bottles, my wife and I each bought one. lol

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My dad always had Olympia with the old pull top tabs in the fridge in our garage. Snuck a 6 pack out when I was 14 and made it almost through 3 of them when my mom pulled up to the shop and told me to get in the car because she needed some help at the house. As soon as I sat down in the car she smelled the beer on me and could tell I had been drinking. Damn she got mad. Life as I knew it was all but over for the rest of that summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
My dad always had Olympia with the old pull top tabs in the fridge in our garage. Snuck a 6 pack out when I was 14 and made it almost through 3 of them when my mom pulled up to the shop and told me to get in the car because she needed some help at the house. As soon as I sat down in the car she smelled the beer on me and could tell I had been drinking. Damn she got mad. Life as I knew it was all but over for the rest of that summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I work on a ranch during my last two years of high school and I'd get a can of Olympia and heat up a Hostess cinnamon bun everyday after school. The lady couldn't fathom how I could stand that combo.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I almost forgot my new flavor of the month. I picked up another bottle this weekend (how I remembered), I'm hooked on this Peg Leg Porker. It's apparently a Dickel product and hickory filtered. It's got a unique taste for bourbon and really good.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
That sounds like some good stuff, might have to go find some. Big fan of 4 Roses bourbon as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,661 Posts
I don’t drink much but when I do it’s usually original coors. I do mixed it up at times with some Crown apple, vanilla or maple and cream soda. Jim Bean apple is also great with cream soda.

Reactions: Bird (this time)
1 - 20 of 50 Posts