Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Members of Oklahoma Hunter.net
Need to hear back from you on this matter.

We have far to many nonactive & non-posting members.
Here on Oklahoma Hunter.net that have accumulated over the years.
Some of the members post from time to time, So they are considered active.
All other are considered non-active

We feel it's time to remove these members & make space needed for new members that
want to be active on this site.

How do you all feel about this matter?
Thank You all for you input.
Oklahoma Hunter.net~ Staff

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I think it is. Because it not fair those who are active and to new members.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Is there a limit on SMF 2.0 RC1.2 to the number of members allowed?

Dennis,
Your not gonna like the answer.
Yet here it is. Like everything their is a limit to use. { ::) ??? ::) ??? }
Told ya you wouldn't like it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To elaborate more on the nonactive non-posting members.

Some have come on here only to open a membership & post 1 time to sell something of theirs.
We are not a free classified add site for you to make money-Don't come on here to SPAM!!!
Other have set up a membership & have never been back to the site since the day they signed up.
Others have 30 or less post & have not been active-logged into the site in over 12 months.

Were all here to chat,make new friends / hunting buds & b.s.
Along with helping each other out through out the forum.

Ask yourself this?
Why would,I take the time to sign up for a free membership & never say a word yet ever
come back to the same site. (Big waste of time)!!!

We'd like an active site with more members active then their are non active.
To look at the stats we have 131 members out of that only 40 are active!!! :eek: ::) ???

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
To elaborate more on the nonactive non-posting members.

Some have come on here only to open a membership & post 1 time to sell something of theirs.
We are not a free classified add site for you to make money-Don't come on here to SPAM!!!
Other have set up a membership & have never been back to the site since the day they signed up.
Others have 30 or less post & have not been active-logged into the site in over 12 months.

Were all here to chat,make new friends / hunting buds & b.s.
Along with helping each other out through out the forum.

Ask yourself this?
Why would,I take the time to sign up for a free membership & never say a word yet ever
come back to the same site. (Big waste of time)!!!

We'd like an active site with more members active then their are non active.
To look at the stats we have 131 members out of that only 40 are active!!! :eek: ::) ???
Most forums put a 30 post limit before one can put something in the classifieds. Those not going by the rules get banned.
Typically its a 1 or two week ban, but never the less, if it happens again, they are gone.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I agree. If someone isn't active on here, then they are just taking up useful space.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dennis,
Thanks for the idea on having a post limit before using the- For Sale- forum.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Dennis,
Thanks for the idea on having a post limit before using the- For Sale- forum.
Most forums will give a temporary ban to the offender, the first time, and then the second offense is permanent.

They also do not allow BS in the classifieds. If you have something you want to sell, put it up, and leave it as a classified, not as a point of discussion. Other threads are made for that.

There needs to be a couple of stickies put up in the general forums, the introductions and the classifieds putting those rules in front of everybody that signs up. Members welcoming them to the site need to welcome them, and put a caution to look at these rules. If they can't read and understand the stickie rules, they don't need to be on here.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
When you set up a profile for the site you are asked to list an email address and then you get an activation email notice. Can you the MOD's send out a mass email to all the non party goers informing them that there account will be terminated in say 48 hours if no activity is reported. Some may have forgotten about this site and might be interested in actually being part of it again. Sorta like a lost puppy needing help finding it way home.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Their are necessary actions that need to be done on here.
So keep on giving your in put ,It's needed .
Mass email - For some reason you can only email or p.m. so many at one time.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Have y'all also given consideration to adding advertisements by getting sponsors. Your already a Pro-Staffer so you have that foot in the door. Yes, I know advertisement banners do slow the server down but it could be a good way to ramp up site intrest.

This may hurt a bit but I have also been chatting on the Black Cloud Storm chasers web site and Federal ammo sponsors many giveaways and they average 10-20 new people a day at least that's what my buddy who is a mod told me. They have a points system for everything you do and you earn prized when you his certain point levels.

One thing I have done also is added a link to this site on all the other forums I go to in my signature line.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bull,I will have to look into that.

This is not my website!!! It belongs to okchunter.
I manage it for him the best way that I can.
So everything will have to through him before anything can be set in stone on here.

I need feed back form members to help better this site in all aspects.
This happens to be one of them.

I thank y'all for you input on this matter & other on down the line.

Gauge,
Oklahoma Hunter.net Staff

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wayne,
Your safe...You stay active enough to keep ya around. J/K

Where glad to have ya here on Oklahoma Hunter.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry I dont post like I used to, just been CRAZY busy for a while now. I now have 2 kids, had a daughter born July 6 and have been doing some major work on the homeplace, tore down old house, lots of landscape and fence as well as regular farm and cattle duties. Not to mention working on 3 sides of oklahoma in the last month alone. I understand what you are trying to do and I say go for it, if I dont make the cut then so be it, I'll be back when things slow down.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Farmboy:
Congrates on the new baby girl.
You don't have anything to worry about, ya got close to 400 post on here.
I see that you come on from time to time & you still post as well.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Congrats on the new girl. They grow up so fast. My only daughter is 10 now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.