Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a local online gun classified site this evening and found a smoking deal on a Nighthawk Talon II for $1500. My BS-ometer pegged immediately, but I decided to see how it would play out. I texted the number listed in the ad and set up a meeting in 30 minutes. As I got in my truck, I get a text asking how I will be paying, and I said cash. The guy texts me back “I am sorry i don't want cash, can you do an electronic transfer or Atm mobile deposit” then “I don't want cash, you can swip the cash at any Bitcoin Atm around you or send Venmo after the deal”.
WHO THE HELL DOESN’T WANT CASH?!?
Anyway, I dropped it like a hot rock and reported the guy as a scammer.

The moral to the story is if it sounds too good to be true then more than likely it is.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya. There is a place called honor ammo. The entire site is a scam. I found a smoking hot deal on Grendel ammo and then they wanted PayPal or Venmo. A quick google search of them shows all the people who got scammed and all the complaints to bbb on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Im cautious of the people who say cash only. Especially for a high value item. I was looking at a nice 30’ bumper pull camper that had everything I was after. Guy said cash only. No money orders or cashiers checks. I’m not about to roll up with $8k in cash and get robbed. I’d be strapped as well but nevertheless. Turned out it was a legit sale but I wasn’t playing it.

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
I just don't do a lot of online business with anybody but Amazon or a well-established business. When it comes to personal transactions between individuals, It's only with people I've known for a long time or established forum members that have a good track record. I did get burned once by a guy that had been on another forum for a long time. He was looking for antique leg hold traps to make a display. I had some and we made a deal to send him a half dozen. We agreed to drop payment from him and the package from me in the mail the same day. The tracking number showed delivered and two days later still no money from him. Contacted him via PM. and he said it never showed up. I sent him a pic of the tracking number and the website showing it was delivered. Then I got the BS story that he accidentally gave me the address of his rent house and porch pirates must have stolen it.
Not my fault so I should still be paid. He dropped off the forum and has never been seen again, so now it's no deal unless I have cash in hand before sending the merchandise.

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
Ha! Got an email today from an “agent” that had been trying to locate me at home about delinquent college loan payments.
Needed to talk to me asap. Just click on this link……

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
I'm still waiting for my $10M deposit from the Nigerian prince via his email offer.
You as well. The guy I was talking to was Akeem Joffer, the crown prince of the African nation of Zamunda.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts